P0100 & p129f codes

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Qplate

P0100 & p129f codes

Post by Qplate »

Hi not sure if anyone could point me in the right direction my 2013 2.0hdi van VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] went into limp mode recently only had a cheap code reader with me which suggested a Maf fault Ive since read it with a snap on solus which gave the above codes relating to quantity of air greater than expected and cold air greater than expected. After clearing the fault it stays off until you reach 2k revs when it comes back on. I've read so much about codes which also suggested a possible egr fault. Vans on a 140k and I've not cleaned or replaced it in 40k (egr) could it be gummed shut or would that be a separate code No smoke etc or would I best be looking at split pipework? I did clean the maf and take some readings from it but could only confirm low variable voltage on the signal wires and +12 ground on the others. Im away during the week so just trying to plan where to start once home again

Thanks in advance
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: P0100 & p129f codes

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Your VIN is incorrect. Please check again and re-post it - focus on the last 8.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Qplate

Post by Qplate »

Thankyou Marc ..8dz048208
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hopefully these will give you some pointers:
Fault Code: P0100
Description of Fault: Air flow meter : Quantity of air above the maximum threshold.
With engine speed at 2000 rpm and turbo air pressure at 2 bars, the fault appears if the air flow measured is greater than 1300 mg/stroke for 2s.
With engine speed at 3000 rpm and turbo air pressure at 2,5 bars, the fault appears if the air flow measured is greater than 1500 mg/stroke for 2s.
Conditions of activation of the diagnostics: The following conditions have to be met:
- Engine speed above 1500 rpm
- Battery voltage between 10 and 16 V
Conditions for Fault to clear: Driving for 5 minutes with several full load accelerations for 10 seconds (Engine hot): With foot off in between.
Downgrade Modes whilst Fault is active:
  • Deactivation of the request for regeneration of the particle filter from the diagnostic tool
  • Deactivation of the EGR function
  • Cutting of the exhaust heat saver function
  • Irreversible deactivation of the vehicle speed limiter (Need to switch the ignition off and then on, in order to make the function available again)
Symptoms:
  • Engine hesitating, cutting out
  • Noise
  • Lack of power
  • Diesel fuel consumption a bit higher
  • Smoke from the exhaust
Suspect Areas:
  • atmospheric pressure sensor
  • Turbocharging pressure sensor
  • Air flow meter
  • Air line between turbocharger and mixers
  • Turbo air cooler by-pass unit
  • Turbocharged air cooler
  • Turbocharger
  • Turbocharger solenoid valve

Fault Code: P129F
Description of Fault: Air circuit: Quantity of fresh air above the reference value (APV). The measured air flow is greater than the reference by more than 80 mg/stroke for 8 seconds.

Conditions of activation of the diagnostics:
  • Engine speed between 750 and 3000 rpm
  • EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) regulation in operation (Engine at low load and mid-load)
  • Do not be in particle filter regeneration
Conditions for Fault to clear: Vehicle driven for 5 minutes, remaining below an engine speed of 2500 rpm.
Downgrade Modes whilst Fault is active: -
Symptoms:
  • Diesel fuel consumption a bit higher
  • Fluid leak / Smells
  • Engine overheating with illumination of the engine coolant temperature indicator light
  • Noise
  • Engine hesitating, cutting out
  • Lack of power
Suspect Areas:
  • atmospheric pressure sensor: Sensor fault
  • Air flow meter: Flow meter drift
  • Air mixer: Leak
  • Turbocharger air cooler: Leak
  • The variable geometry of the turbocharger is locked; Turbocharger discharge insufficient
  • Turbocharger solenoid valve: Malfunction of an electrovalve; Electrical harness
  • Turbocharger position copy: Sensor fault; Electrical harness
  • EGR valve seized; EGR valve clogged
  • Electric EGR valve position copy: Sensor fault; Electrical harness
  • EGR exchanger bypass: Fouling; Leak; Electrical harness
  • Exhaust gas recirculation line: Leak
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Qplate

Post by Qplate »

It does much appreciated Marc thankyou