Xantia leather

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

np
My Cars:

Xantia leather

Post by np »

Me again,will a h/back seats fit in an estate?Front seats/wiring no probs,but are the back seats same?I havent had a chance to look.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

The estate rear seat is different, they have a three point seat belt in the centre. I'm not entirely sure but I don't think that they are interchangeable.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Anyone any more thoughts on this please?I havent seen seats yet.
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Asked Citroen salvage people this a few months ago, they seem to think they where different but could be adapted and made to fit, with the bits from 2 lots of seats? Seats where sold though!!
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Ok thanks.I think i will keep mine 4 now.Their in ex con & dont show the 133k miles.I had leather in a Rover before,nice looking,but a pain(no pun intended!)in the backside in the summer if you wearing shorts!!
Thanks anyway.
tony42
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Citroen C5 2.0HDI VTR+ Technopack 150 Blue Tourer 2016
Citroen C4 1.6HDI VTR 2013

Post by tony42 »

They will not fit in. I went through this idea and bought a back seat so i would have a proper 3 point belt in the middle. The seat back is a totally different shape and there isnt a hope in hell of making it work unless you remove the rear of the car and bolt on the back of an estate. Dont waste your money like i did. I tried taking out the middle rear belt but it was disasterous again. . I ended up buying a fixed 3 point belt and bolted it to the rear of the hatch seat. It worked fine. Not as effective as a proper belt but a worthwhile compromise. Same person has to sit in the seat or else it will have to be adjusted every time.