Diagbox only works with a PSA account?

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RuiV
Donor 2023

Diagbox only works with a PSA account?

Post by RuiV »

I all,

I have a Peugeot 5008 1.5 bluehDi (2018) and I have a Lexia3 Diagbox 9.91 that is unable to connect to the ECU. I´ve been told that, for cars after 2017, it´s mandatory to have a PSA account (not Service box) for the system to comunicate with PSA servers.

This situation happened after an engine software update made in a Peugeot official workshop. Since than, even my ODBII failes to recognise ECU.

Any help, please...
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Diagbox only works with a PSA account?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You can't configure anything on version 9.** versions - the ECUs are locked down.

The only way is creating a PSA account and then buying tokens. Say you buy 2 tokens, that will give you access to one vehicle (using VIN) for 2 weeks or 2 vehicles for one week.

There is also the risk of your clone device being disabled or blocked by PSA once it connects up.

So if you have vehicles approximately 2015/16 on, you are probably stuck without doing all the above. They already started removing telecoding capabilities for some vehicles in the later versions of Diagbox (V7.6* and above).
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
RuiV
Donor 2023

Post by RuiV »

So, is there a turnaround? Shoul I downgrade de Diagbox version?
Any help woul be very welcomed.
Don´t feel like beeing "hijacked" by Peugeot for every little things I can do (and allways did) in my car(s)

Thank you in advance
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It won’t help you though if your car is too new as it may not be covered in the older V7. It all depends on year and model. That’s why they updated the versions to cover later vehicles and also have locked down access to prevent people from damaging their car systems- especially with al the latest tech I suspect.

They have to make sure vehicle systems are protected especially these days, so have to have some security in place.

Marc
RuiV
Donor 2023

Post by RuiV »

Yes, I can understand that people can mixup thinks and, the price is that they eventually have to pay a cerified dealer to fix it. I find dificult to understand that, for example, if I fill in the Eolys reservoir (that i can easily do myself) but I am unable to "tell" the car thet the reservoir is full. I can´t understand why i am not able to see the differential pressure on DPF, just see... Just a pair of examples
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's not a configuration option! You can easily perform 'Maintenance' tasks like telling the engine ECU that the Eolys has been topped up. You can also do things like put the electric parking brake into service mode, bleed the ABS / ESP system etc etc. These are maintenance operations, not changing ECU configurations or parameters. :wink:

You can also see live data, so everything you have described in your last post you should be able to do as it these don't require a PSA account.

However, after reading your first post again, I think your issue of not being able to read a specific ECU is not a Diagbox fault - it is more likely to be a fault with your VCI clone. If it's not a full chip kit with all the correct chips and hardware, then there will be some ECUs that cannot be read, (in many cases the ABS or Engine ECU as 2 examples).

Marc
RuiV
Donor 2023

Post by RuiV »

Ok. Now you're giving me a little hope :D
When i connected, in the "Control Unit" column, i had a lot of "ECU not recognised". But i also had quite some systems recognized.
But after the first run on check faults i got lot of errors that does´t correspond to reality.

Maybe I have to invest a bit more time.

Final question (for now ;) ): is there a why to verify my VCI clone?

P.S. - My clone was bougt from a "well reputed" UK supplier, with lots of references (toolsfo*rcars).
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I can't comment on that supplier. I and many members here get ours from Easydiagnostics. So I can't tell if you have a full chip kit or not - that's usually a clue that it may not have all the hardware components if lots of ECUs are not being recognised.

Marc
kingjafad
Donor 2023

Post by kingjafad »

Just jumping on the back of this thread as i think its most suited to my question please.
Does anyone know what version of diagbox WOULD allow changing ABS module configuration on a 2013 Mk2 C4 Picasso please? I have tried 7.68, 9.91 with no joy - I can seemingly get to Engine ECU configuration drop downs, but ABS ECU simply says cannot contact server rather than taking me to a page with drop down options (presumably that is what I would get if its capable?)
My scenario is, i need to change the ABS Module due to a fault, got the right part number replacement (2nd hand) but its got configuration different to what is in my original. Do I go through Diagbox - ABS - Repair - Replace ECU ? or am i supposed to be able to just change the configuration in the -repair-configuration
Thanks, Phil

Edit - just found Marc's post viewtopic.php?p=731991&hilit=diagbox+re ... cu#p731991 so Ill have a go with different Diagbox versions. - Marc - always helpful, me - should read more :)