Upgrade firmware

This is the Connected NAV system.
Main Features: It is a fully integrated Telematics System featuring CarPlay, Android Auto, Real Time Services, Voice Commands, High-Res Display, 3D Navigation, Bluetooth Hands Free & USB. 2 versions of the system are available NAC (Navigation Audio Connectée) and RCC (Radio Couleur Connectée) or Connected Colour Radio, which does not have the Integrated Navigation or Live Services.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Citroen2018

Upgrade firmware

Post by Citroen2018 »

Hi,

Need som help.

I try to update the firmware and maps, getting this message; I have a 32 gb usb-stick (format FAT32)

"Version is not compatible with the hardware"

My current version:

31.08.05.86_NAC-r0

Suggested update which Ive downloaded via Citroen update:

42.03.33.42_NAC-r0

(23.2 GB. 2021-07-30)

My VIN-code:

VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Upgrade firmware

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, as you don't have on-board WiFi (no telematic Unit) you may need to connect to your smartphone's WiFi in order to apply the update as the licence file is checked with the hardware of the telematics unit. So you need to be in a good WiFi coverage area, then use the connections setting on the Connected Nav Head Unit to connect to your phone. Wait until a connection is established and try the update again. The system tries to verify the licence over the internet with PSA servers. In most cases this is the issue with this message when you have the correct updates.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

Reading elsewhere there's apparently a problem with the software. PSA are supposed to be working on a solution.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

These are some of the posts regarding the problem.
Can't update firmware on any version of Nac, problems with certificates.
For now there is no solution, we are waiting for PSA to solve the problem.
For wave 2, the new update of December 5 with new certificates is not yet available on the PSA servers, still the old one.
It is certainly in the testing phase, an old one from November which was supposed to correct the problem has never been deployed.
This is an interesting post. It seems to offer a solution. Thanks to Tasmanian on gpspower.net
Customer effect
Message "Version incompatible with the Hardware" when updating Soft NAC Wave 4 (42.03.33.42_Nac-R0) , Wave 2 (21.08.87.32_Nac-R1) and RCE W1 (1.3.4)

Final solution > Packages have been updated. Redownload the entire package to complete the update.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Program for downloading the right Firmware and Maps for your Connect Nav (TomTom) !

Citroën Update:
For Windows: https://citroen-update.cppv2.awsmpsa.co ... 0.1.24.exe
For MAC: https://citroen-update.cppv2.awsmpsa.co ... Update.dmg

Peugeot Update
For Windows: https://fr.ndp.awsmpsa.com/majesticinst ... update.exe
For MAC: https://fr.ndp.awsmpsa.com/majesticinst ... update.dmg

OPEL Update
For Windows: https://my.opel.nl/downloads/map/instal ... update.exe
For MAC: https://my.opel.nl/downloads/map/instal ... update.dmg

DS Update
For Windows: https://map-update.dspp.awsmpsa.com/installer.exe
For MAC: https://map-update.dspp.awsmpsa.com/installer.dmg
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Citroen2018

Post by Citroen2018 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 13:41 Ok, as you don't have on-board WiFi (no telematic Unit) you may need to connect to your smartphone's WiFi in order to apply the update as the licence file is checked with the hardware of the telematics unit. So you need to be in a good WiFi coverage area, then use the connections setting on the Connected Nav Head Unit to connect to your phone. Wait until a connection is established and try the update again. The system tries to verify the licence over the internet with PSA servers. In most cases this is the issue with this message when you have the correct updates.
That I think I havent tried, thanks for that. Ill try that and see what happens =)
Citroen2018

Post by Citroen2018 »

Im not sure but I think my version never been updated? Perhaps the gap is too big to the newest version. Is there somewhere to find older firmwares to upgrade the updates between my version and the latest?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No need, you can upgrade from any earlier version to the latest version.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Citroen2018

Post by Citroen2018 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 13:41 Ok, as you don't have on-board WiFi (no telematic Unit) you may need to connect to your smartphone's WiFi in order to apply the update as the licence file is checked with the hardware of the telematics unit. So you need to be in a good WiFi coverage area, then use the connections setting on the Connected Nav Head Unit to connect to your phone. Wait until a connection is established and try the update again. The system tries to verify the licence over the internet with PSA servers. In most cases this is the issue with this message when you have the correct updates.
So I've now tried this and unfortunately I get the same message.
I've tried with 3 different USB-memories and have downloaded the filepackage two different times.
I'm out of ideas :roll:
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

Ermm...
Paul-R wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 16:32 Reading elsewhere there's apparently a problem with the software. PSA are supposed to be working on a solution.

Citroen2018

Post by Citroen2018 »

Paul-R wrote: 26 Dec 2022, 15:22 Ermm...
Paul-R wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 16:32 Reading elsewhere there's apparently a problem with the software. PSA are supposed to be working on a solution.
In that case I guess there is nothing to do? But shouldn't more be writing about experiences that they cant update, if that's the case?
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

Did you try anything suggested in the same post by Tasmanian?

Otherwise it seems those afflicted will just have to wait.

Citroen2018

Post by Citroen2018 »

Paul-R wrote: 26 Dec 2022, 21:46 Did you try anything suggested in the same post by Tasmanian?

Otherwise it seems those afflicted will just have to wait.
Yes I tried that.

Also tried with a 4th smaller USB-memory and removed the folder with maps, to only update firmware (5gig~). Then nothing happened at all. No error code and no update.
Tomas1

Post by Tomas1 »

For Nac Wave 3, you must use a firmware version downloaded after 12/23/2022.
Citroen2018

Post by Citroen2018 »

Tomas1 wrote: 27 Dec 2022, 18:54 For Nac Wave 3, you must use a firmware version downloaded after 12/23/2022.
What does that mean? I need to use the citroen update after 23/12 2022?

I downloaded the files like a week ago.
Tomas1

Post by Tomas1 »

Firmware downloaded after this date uses new certificates and there are no more problems with installation.