1. Required Citrojim to post up a picture of the New Romney signal box (Kent) from the South Coast Saunter.
2. Required a bit of Falcon Curiosity to find out more about it
3. Required one of our wonderful search engines to pull out incorrectly Romsey Signal Box (Hampshire) as the first hit.
4. Required that signal box to be also a signal box museum with a working educational resource of signal box equipment (in miniature) based on Cowley Bridge Junction Signal Box near Exeter.
5. Required a bit of Falcon Curiosity to see if the original building still existed at Cowley Bridge Junction
6. Required landing here for a search, a quirky blog last updated in 2012, with images of Cowley Bridge Junction and its then signal box https://www.roscalen.com/signals/Exeter ... dgeJct.htm
7. Showed an image of the box resplendent in a paint job with uncanny similarities to the Alston box at Chez Falcon.
from One for the Train Buffs
NeilNewcastleFalcon wrote: ↑21 Oct 2023, 12:11 They have only gone and painted the Cowley Bridge Junction signal box in something very akin to my coastal mist/mineral mist...what are the chances of that happening