RT6 unit

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

michael71

RT6 unit

Post by michael71 »

Hello,

I have also problems with my RT6 unit, all the buttons in the steeringwheel, centreconsol and dash are a mess.

I went to a DS store, and told them to reconfigure the unit as if it was a new unit.
After 1,5 hour the mechanic told me that the could not even come in the ECU/unit, to reconfigure it.
Is the unit dead?? The radio is still working and don't have a black screen, with other words, it works fine.

Does anyone know what i have to do?
I can buy a refurbish unit, but is the problem then gone???

Please help.

Regard,

Michael
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 13 Dec 2022, 19:49, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to RT6 Forum
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: RT6 unit

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Reconfiguration of the RT6 unit requires a live internet connection to the their servers, as the unit goes into secure mode.

If they have tried this and they still can't connect to the ECU then the unit is likely faulty.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
michael71

Post by michael71 »

Hello Mark,

I thought so, so when i order a other one i will be oke to configure it?
By ECU, you mean the unit itself?

I am glad that you respond, because i read all your advice in the topics, and you are the man who knows!!!

Thanks you so much, i really apriciate it
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It depends:

If you are ordering a brand new one from the dealer they will have to configure it for you.

If you are buying a second hand one, then it will be configured for the specific vehicle it came from, so will need VIN coding and also need checking to ensure that all the specific options are set correctly for a DS5. That will involve a dealer to sort out as again the RT6 goes into secure mode limiting what can be done with Diagbox yourself. This normally happens on some units when the firmware is upgraded from certain versions to V2.86, leaving the unit inoperable without an ECU configured via internet connected mode. If the unit is already at V2.86, then it may be possible to change some options with Diagbox, but I can't be 100% sure. I'm glad I never had one of these RT6 units to be honest.

So I can't tell you for sure what will happen as it depends on where you get the replacement and if new or second hand.

Marc
michael71

Post by michael71 »

Hello Mark,

Again. thanks for the respons.
What about refurbishing my one unit, is that an idee??

Michael
michael71

Post by michael71 »

An other question, can you see with my vin number which unit i have or need??

Michael
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Citroen do have the facility and contract to send these of for repair (they use the Clarion centre), which would replace and refurbish any defective parts and would ensure that you got the unit back working and coded correctly.

However, if you purchase a second hand unit, you have no idea how good the unit is or whether there is anything faulty with it or if it going to fail soon. That is the issue, along with trying to find the correct RT6 unit that has the correct hardware for your vehicle (i.e. some RT6 units do not support reversing camera and must be a certain part for the correct hardware), plus it will still need VIN coding and configuring for your vehicle's features.

A decision you will have to make.

Have a look here to see if these repairers can help:

viewtopic.php?t=60781

Citroen / DS should be able to give you a quote for repair too as I think it's a standard fee.

Marc
michael71

Post by michael71 »

Oke,

Thanks Mark,

How do i know, without getting the unit out of the car, which unit i have.
i have some numbers but still don't know if that are the right numbers.
Do i have a emyway or myway???

Michael
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

MyWay has an SD card slot at the front, eMyWay does not.

Regardless of that, the RT6 units are not all the same and have different hardware depending on the vehicle and country they are intended for. The rear of the unit will have a part number like ‘96*********’ for example and if replacing you should make sure it is the same part number.

Marc
michael71

Post by michael71 »

Hello Mark,

Is that the big number on the sticker on the unit???

That 98........number i see on the display, is that the unit number???

Michael
Attachments
1f456bcd450aaee1e3402698f9a2.jpeg
20221216_190555[1].jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, that's the one. Make sure you get a matching part number if buying second hand to ensure compatibility.

Marc
michael71

Post by michael71 »

Perfect Mark, thanks, so the 98.......number is the partnumber of the unit?? and thats it?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes use that number to search for a replacement. It will still need VIN coding to your vehicle and possibly configuration to your vehicle's options, - that I obviously can't confirm as I won't know what vehicle any replacement has come from or what options the vehicle had, but at least the unit is correct for your vehicle.

Marc
michael71

Post by michael71 »

hahahahah thank you so much Mark.

you are a great help in this, thanks

Michael
michael71

Post by michael71 »

I can buy this one very cheap, it works, so i think this is the right one, do you think that also??
download.jpeg
Michael