Couple of questions

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jez

Couple of questions

Post by Jez »

Firstly, a xantia question. Losing water bit style. Filled up last night and immediatly came streaming out of bottom dripping of underneath of car. Doesn't look like a split hose. Would it be the radiator? If so is Rad-seal the thing?
ZX question. The boot lock has broken. The screws have become dislodged and will not screw in. It seems the plugs the screws go into have also come apart. Would another one from a scrap yard be OK to fit?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Jez,
Xantia radiators are a known weak point, so it could well be that. Bit more investigation required before you commit though! They tend to rust outside - in, rather than inside - out to rad weld is not likely to do the trick. New ones (for a TD) anyway are only just over £100 from GSF and not too bad to fit.
Dunno about the ZX lock prob - but fitting one from a scrappy sounds OK - you might end up with a different key though!
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Hi,had same prob with my xantia td rad.Had rusted at the bottom,so needed a new one.If it does need a new one,bottom hose to rad is a pain to get off.hardly any room on mine to get to the stupid spring clip.Might b different on other models as mine has a/c and intercooler in front of rad.I replaced all my spring clips securing all my pipes with jubilie clips,makes life easy.Sorry,cant help with lock.
Jez

Post by Jez »

can anyone help with the best way to put new rad in? I only have a Haynes book for a ZX. The xantia is a 1.9TD with a/c.
ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

for my dads xantia TD (no aircon) all i did was to drain the coolant via the tap on the bottom of the rad, disconnect all hoses from the rad(taking care with bottom hose as the clip can break easily) if it has a clip on the bottom hose, turn it anti clockwise and pull away other wish you will most likely need to break the metal band off and fit new jubilee clips. the rad is help in by to spring/latches on the top. these are simply lifted up and the rad will fall towards the engine with ome encouragment, then simply lift rad out,
good luck!
Dan