Pre Heat test fails - with Diagbox - won’t start when core plugs require a temp of over 0c

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sjpage10

Pre Heat test fails - with Diagbox - won’t start when core plugs require a temp of over 0c

Post by sjpage10 »

Hi All

Looks like my heater plugs are not firing up, I’ve replaced the relay and there’s 12v at the relay, though nothing get to the plugs
Running a test with Diagbox 9.96 I get the attached
Any help or advice would be appreciated
Attachments
IMG_20221210_133100.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Pre Heat test fails - with Diagbox - won’t start when core plugs require a temp of over 0c

Post by GiveMeABreak »

What are you trying to activate? The relay requires no special operation, just replace it.

Run a full diagnostic. If you are getting fault code P1351, that tells you the relay is powered but the glow plugs are not, so likely to be your glow plugs. You will likely get another fault code that confirms this.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
sjpage10

Re: Pre Heat test fails - with Diagbox - won’t start when core plugs require a temp of over 0c

Post by sjpage10 »

No fault codes and I have replaced the relay still won’t start below 10c outside I’ve watched the heater plug required temp from from 400 to 0 after hotwiring the starter , once it goes to 0 it will start on the button