CitroenZ forum ...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AndersDK
My Cars:

CitroenZ forum ...

Post by AndersDK »

... is very slow loading at time of writing (www.citroenz.com/forum/).
Also Brij's home page (www.citroenz.com) is utterly slow, so me thinks it's a server issue.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Anders,
I think it could be a bit more than that even.
Both it & the Aussie boards are PHPP (?) boards and the CitroenZ is so slow I can't even respond to a couple of postings there relating to things I've been involved with whilst the Aussie board is simply just not running and it's presently 2.40am so it shouldn't be overloaded and I can see no reason for them to put it to bed.
It operates from its own dedicated private server.
It's possibly worse for me than some of you guys as I'm on dial up and in a regional area with antiquated phone infrastructure.
Alan S
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Donno wots going on Alan ...
At time of writing this, I could not make the aussie board respond at all, it cant even find the URL and returns "server not found or DNS" error ...
From my address the aussie board has always been a bit slow, but always stable responding. At least it makes sense it's the same everytime you visit the board.
CitroenZ forum used to be a quickie loader, and also responded stable & fast to postings, compared to the aussie board.
But things has turned around lately ...
As both these boards relies on the phpBB forum board services, you certainly get an impression the problem is related to the software, but then not, as Brij's own homepage is running on same server as the forum, and Brij's homepage has nothing to do with the forum software - it simply runs from the same server. The forum service are simply reached by linking it as a subdomain to Brij's homepage domain address ...
I dont think it's a phpBB forum board software issue. Simply by coincedence both boards right now are suffering from slow server services & outages ... - like we had some time back here on Andyforum.
The phpBB software works in principle the same way as this Andyforum Snitz software, it's just another design with frames and extended (administrator) setup features.
Both forum software types relies on storage & retrieval of text records, which really does not take up that much database storage space, as text can be compressed easily and fast for storage & retrieval.
If you go to the moderator panel, you can see that CitroenZ forum database size is just under 4Mbytes, which really is a small size for a database, - suitable to run from a personal standard PC.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Anders,
You do realise that if it had spheres, we might be able to fix it!![:D][:D][:D][:D]
Alan S [;)]
Jon

Post by Jon »

Both sites drop in very quickly for me this morning...............
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

What are you saying Jon; that their spheres need regassing or the site has a problem with its doseur?[:D][:D][;)]
Alan S [:o)]
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Go up and down 10 times, top up the fluid, then throw the lor it in the bin!!!!![:D]