Lithium Battery Faults

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Lithium Battery Faults

Unread post by mickthemaverick »

SWMBO dropped her phone on Saturday evening and it went completely dead. I put it on charge and there was no indication of chargeing at all and it still wouldn't power up, and nothing changed after two hours. On removing the battery with the charger still plugged in the screen began to flash the Android symbol you usually get when you first power up so I suspect the phone may be ok but the battery dead. With my multimeter on its lowest dc voltage scale there is a very solid reading of 0 volts across the battery terminals so it looks like the battery has died completely. I suspect a possible internal connection fracture since it was working fine at the moment she dropped it. So has anyone else come across this type of battery experiencing a complete sudden failure? :?: :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Re: Lithium Battery Faults

IN my research into this issue I came across this video discussing the manufacture of Lithium cells and I thought it was well done: :-D

For more information on other battery types you can find the videos in this link!
bobins
Donor 2023

Unread post by bobins »

mickthemaverick wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 16:42 I suspect a possible internal connection fracture since it was working fine at the moment she dropped it. So has anyone else come across this type of battery experiencing a complete sudden failure? :?: :)
No.... but I'd be tempted to leave the phone outside in case it has a 'thermal event' 8-[
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

I have removed the battery and put it on the tiles outside for that very reason! :-D