406 GLX stereo "overload" problem

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

macaroni
My Cars:

406 GLX stereo "overload" problem

Post by macaroni »

When I play loud thrash metal for any decent period of time on my car stereo, the volume automatically goes quiet and the word "OVERLOAD" appears on the stereo screen.
Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way round it bar listening to music more quietly, which I don't want to do?
pug_guy1
My Cars:

Post by pug_guy1 »

Maybe your car has some taste and is trying to stop you playing loud metal music. Its people like you that give cars a boyracer/dickhead reputation
macaroni
My Cars:

Post by macaroni »

Thanks for your helpful reply.
Thrash metal loving dickhead I may be but it is a bit hard to be a boyracer in a diesel 406.
Anyway, does anyone have any helpful suggestions about how to stop my stereo wimping out on me?
r_306_XSi
My Cars:

Post by r_306_XSi »

Overload would tend to indicate that the stereo is having troubles driving the speakers.
Have you replaced any of them - if so check that the resistance (usually 8,4 or 2ohms)of them is the same as the replaced items!
Standard speakers would be 8 ohms usually...
Paulmi16
My Cars:

Post by Paulmi16 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by pug_guy1</i>

Maybe your car has some taste and is trying to stop you playing loud metal music. Its people like you that give cars a boyracer/dickhead reputation
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
It would appear that you are dickhead Sir,
The radio's internal amplifier may be cutting out as it is overheating due the high demands placed on it. An external more powerful amplifier might be one solution