Its nearly running again!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vanny
My Cars:

Its nearly running again!

Post by vanny »

Well, after 4 months in the garage and having goent hrough some pretty major surgery (from what was meant to be a pretty simple heart swap to a major farse), Jazz finally has a beating heart again, but not without some major problems.
Firstly she is smoking a lot on start. Im putting this down to all the crap in the fuel (loads of diesel injector treatment, petrol and a little bit of diesel), though i must admit she is starting on the key now! Im gonna run off some of the nasty fuel then fill her up with fresh diesel. When she starts and is running rough she is billowing white out the back, increase the revs a little and it fades a little. Also when a little warmed, if i rev her upto about 3k then she occasionally spits little white clouds out the back. Again ill see what happens when she's run in for a bit!
Secondly there is a hole in the rad :( Im no fan of rad weld and its quite a nice easy hole to get to so anyother suggestions. Shame my Jeweller mate isnt about or id have her braze the hole.
The accelerator cable snapped, im not happy, but have a spare so not too huge a disaster.
The alternator isnt clicking what so ever, infact the suspension doesnt really seem to be doing anything what so ever, though im no too worried for now about the suspension.
One thing thats really worrying is that if i stick her in 1st gear, then blip the accelerator a little the engine physically jumps and by quite a bit. Didnt used to do this, im not sure if its simply because its not on the ground or what.
Oh, the ABS light is on 24/7 as is the high intensity full beam light. No MOT in sight quite yet, but at least the thing is running a little!
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Good news! I reckon that you probably need to reprime the pump. Don't forget this is easier with the pressure release bolt undone on the accumulator. The blip thing doesn't seem too serious.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

I guess that if the engine starts immediately, then there is little seriously wrong. Warm the engine up completely and see if the clouds clear. Metallised epoxy putty for the rad if it goes on clean and dry will work. The blip jump is as you suspect. Spinning up the wheels, disks, driveshafts and gearbox. All that inertia has to go somewhere; it is just torque reaction!
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Glad to see you up and running Vanny, I reckon the smoke will clear with a few miles and a blow through, I havent had much time to play with mine lately but I have managed to put a few thousand on it! on a recent trip to the continent I saw an indicated 120:o)and it hasnt missed a beat. when is the next get together?
Stewart
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

The next BX type meet is of the 16v type at the FCS 2004, visit www.bx16v.com/forum for more info :D
gonna give it a good going over tomorrow and see if i can get it snorted