Keyless entry and lock

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

TallPaul73

Keyless entry and lock

Post by TallPaul73 »

Today I noticed that the keyless enrry and also lock sensors have stopped working on the passenger side. Anybody have any idea why this could be?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Keyless entry and lock

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's very possible the door sensor module behind the door handle is on the fritz.

First check other possibilities, like cleanliness behind the door handle and make sure it is dry. If all is well there and still no luck then the sensor module is a possibility, but would need checking with a diagnostic (ideally with Diagbox) for specific fault code / actuator testing.

There is also a known issue where the front doors won't open with the Hands Free Access, but the back doors will. If this is the case and you are getting faults B1727 and B1728, then it is likely the Hands Free Unit needs replacing.

I assume the door locks and unlocks with the fob and key OK?
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
TallPaul73

Post by TallPaul73 »

Hi Marc yes keyfob works fine as do the drivers side sensors. Its strange as passenger side was working fine now both doors dont work to open or lock?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so just to clarify...

It was the passenger door handle sensor that was not working, but now you are indicating it is both the passenger and driver door handle sensors that won't unlock or lock when touching the handle? But the car locks and unlocks ok with the fob?

If this is the case, then my original thoughts would seem to be likely and that the Hands Free Unit is at fault. It would need a proper diagnostic with a dealer level tool like Diagbox to confirm these fault codes I mentioned.

So realistically, you are probably better off getting Citroen to confirm it and replace the unit for you as it will need the ECU programming and checking the correct software is applied.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
TallPaul73

Post by TallPaul73 »

No its both doors on passenger side. Doors on drivers side work fine