DS 7 E-tense firmware update worth it?

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
RichR

DS 7 E-tense firmware update worth it?

Unread post by RichR »

Hello, all. I have a 2020 DS7 E-tense for which there is a panel firmware update available which I have successfully put onto a USB drive. Does anyone know what changes the new firmware brings about in the system. In other words, is it worth the trouble of installing?
I'd be grateful for any information and/or pictures.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: DS 7 E-tense firmware update worth it?

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Rich

Firmware updates to the vehicle touchscreen are issued to provide bug fixes and correct problems that are reported over the network from customer feedback and other known issues reported on the dealership network.

They do not release a list of fixes generally and don't release any info to the public as is common for many companies. So I can't advise you what the updates fix, but it is usually common to install these as they correct known issues. There may be updates to the system like feature improvements and updates to Bluetooth protocols to ensure compatibility with later phones etc., and updates to make the later versions of CarPlay / Android Auto more compatible for example. There may also be updates to the interface.

It's entirely up to you though - if you are happy that everything is working as it should, then you may want to leave it, entirely your choice though. Whatever you do though, make sure you leave the engine running during installation and allow at least 40 minutes for the update.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
RichR

Re: DS 7 E-tense firmware update worth it?

Unread post by RichR »

Many thanks, Marc, most helpful!