Juddering brakes

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bad driver
My Cars:

Juddering brakes

Post by bad driver »

But this has stumped me, judder is coming from the drivers side rear wheel, even on rollers you can see prssure goes up and down like a yoyo. Thats handbrake or brake pedal so not the compensators.
So far it has had, new shoes, new handbrake cable, new cylinder, new brake line, 6 different drums 2 of which were brand new.
I'm seriously running out of patience, I got 4 days left on my free re test, cars in a show at the end of the month and nothing seems to solve this problem.
Has anybody got any suggestions as to what is causing this?? The only thing left I can think of could be the drum back plate has got bent so shoes arent parallel to drum? Does this sound feasale though as surely it would just cause wear on one side of the pad??
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

I had something similar many years ago on a Reliant 3 wheeler. It was a bent wheel.
bad driver
My Cars:

Post by bad driver »

wheel shouldnt be bent, it was ok before and it hasnt been knocked at all. Was only re balanced recently as well and surely the balancing machine would pick it up.
bad driver
My Cars:

Post by bad driver »

Oh and, without the wheel it can be felt just turning drum by hand with an assisstant holding either the handbrake or the foot brake slightly on. The wheel is under pressure for 1/4 turn then not then repeat etc. It is exactly the same as if the drum is warped but I have took the drum off the other side which has ne probs and it does the same. Both drums are brand spanking new, havent even put 3 mile on them.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Bent stub axle? Shoes (or other parts) floating about on the back plate so they are levered into a position where they no longer grip?