Laguna Fuse Box Replacement

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

TazzyK

Laguna Fuse Box Replacement

Post by TazzyK »

Does anybody know how easy / difficult it is to replace the fuse box on a 1997 Laguna (1.8)? Otherwise, is it possible to access the wiring inside the fuse box? I think I've burnt some wiring and therefore have lost my side lights, tail lights and dashboard backlights! There are about four clips along the top of the fuse box but I don't kno how to open the fuse box itself (i'm assuming replacing the fuse box wil solve the problem..other wires seem ok!)
Also, any ideas on how much I should be looking to pay in terms of labour for replacing the heater matrix (with air con)? Any recommended people around Birmingham?
Much appreciated.
grattsim

Post by grattsim »

I take it you have tried testing all the fuses first?
TazzyK

Post by TazzyK »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by grattsim</i>

I take it you have tried testing all the fuses first?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yes I've checked / tested the fuses...I got no power in both the left- and right-side tail lamp circuit AND the dashboard circuit (at the fuse end)!
TazzyK

Post by TazzyK »

Well, got no help from anyone on this one, but I replaced the fusebox and everything is sweet now! And the matrix, well I attempted that myself too..striped the dash, and discovered the bloody connection leaking! Was told its an 11 hour job...did it all in 7 including the fusebox..mind you, didn't actually replace the matrix just 'cured' the problem