RD45 - General

This unit is the RD4 or RD45 system, made by Continental.
Usually standard equipment unless another system is specified as an option. There are Single & Dual Tuner versions. RD45 features over the RD4: The RD45 has USB connectivity & integrated Bluetooth module supporting Phone & Audio Streaming.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

secretstar

RD45 - General

Post by secretstar »

Hi guys can someone help me out if i tell the VİN number of my car wich radio original compatible is with my vehicle? İ know there are different types of RD4 and RD45 car radios on the market. How can i be sure? İf it was possible to upgrade to RD45 i've noticed this two different part numbers on this radio. RD45 L3FA04 CEM00 and RD45 L5FA04 CEM00. Any idea about the difference?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: RD45 - General

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Upgrading to an RD45 will very likely require you to wire in a separate microphone as the factory-fitted one is integrated into the vehicle harness and may not be available at the output end.

The RD45 may have different functionality depending on country / build / vehicle. You may also need to replace your multifunction screen if you currently only have the RD4 installed and it will need configuring and VIN coding to operate correctly.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc