rear height corrector linkage...pic?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

guydewdney

rear height corrector linkage...pic?

Post by guydewdney »

has anyone got a picture of where the height corrector linkage thingy's plastic ball end socket goes onto? mine is dangling in the breeze, and as such the rear is doing weird things....
it LOOKS like it should have a ball on the bracket of the main valve, but there is just a hole - is that where the ball was suppoosed to be? haynes has no photo.
LHM replaced
spheres all replaced 2000 miles ago
citroebiotics done
thanks in advance.
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

I have got a few pictures of height corrector, both on and off the vehicle, but I will need your e-mail address........
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

guydewdney

Post by guydewdney »

its part number 6 that isnt attatched to anything...
so it goes onto a pin on a bracket thing that is attatched to what? anti roll bar I assume?
on the valve is it bolted to the flat face - or is that a snal op fitting?
thanks agin chaps - much appreciated! I do the same for peeps on the mercedes forums wrt pictures from the EPC ;)
gavsel
My Cars:

Post by gavsel »

I think the reason the plastic clip has come adrift, is because your rear height corrector has seized up. I have had to replace loads of these units on various xantias. It is highly unlikely you will be able to free it up either (i have managed to free 1 or 2 up, but it doesn't last long before the clip comes off again!). If you do decide to replace the height corrector, you may have to set-up the rear ride height again. You can do this by slackening the bolt on the anti-roll bar clamp (item number 4 on the pic posted earlier) and move it one way or the other. Don't forget the car has to be in normal ride height to set the correct ride height. I hope this has been some help to you.
Gavin.
akojic
My Cars:

Post by akojic »

I'd like to sort out possible dirt on HC linkages. Can someone advice me if it is OK to spray lot of WD40 on/arround HC (including HC linkages or rods that go into it) and leave it for a while before greasing it with appropriate grease? Can it be harmfull for anything? Thanks
Forth
My Cars:

Post by Forth »

Xantia mk1 TD estate... local mechanic (Citroen trained and good) certainly did..... then worked the rear height thing around a lot to scruff out the muck..... before greasing well
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by paranoid</i>

I have got a few pictures of height corrector, both on and off the vehicle, but I will need your e-mail address........
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hi paranoid, can you post the pictures to me please
aqol23atdsl.pipex.com
Thanks
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

I have sent you the pics, but they may take a while to download as a couple of them are quite large......[:D]
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by paranoid</i>

a couple of them are quite large......[:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Stop boasting[:D][:D][:D][:I][:I][:I]
Yes I've got them, just what I needed.
Does the h/c come supplied with the brackets/springs etc new?[?]
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

I am not sure if it comes with all the bits, because the garage I got the car off changed H/C (and made a complete balls up of it)
But when I got underneath springs and brackets did look quite new.
If you change just the silver bit it would be just as easy to take brackets of give them a clean and grease and a bit of paint.[:D]