2011 3008 add USB or Bluetooth?

This unit is the RD4 or RD45 system, made by Continental.
Usually standard equipment unless another system is specified as an option. There are Single & Dual Tuner versions. RD45 features over the RD4: The RD45 has USB connectivity & integrated Bluetooth module supporting Phone & Audio Streaming.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

tomjyoutwit
(Donor 2020)

2011 3008 add USB or Bluetooth?

Post by tomjyoutwit »

Afternoon all,

Family member has a basic spec 3008 and the little barrel plug under the arm rear only has a 3.5mm AUX.

If I bought the barrel with a USB as well I presume it would work once programmed with Lexia?

My follow up question is how difficult would Bluetooth be to add to the RD4?

Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: 2011 3008 add USB or Bluetooth?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You can't add Bluetooth to the RD4 without installing the hands free kit that was sold as an option at order and integrates via the network or by purchasing an aftermarket solution.

The USB / 3.5 jack were supplied based on the original equipment fitted, so purchasing a barrel with USB won't do anything without the actual USB cable behind it and the connection to the Head Unit. I believe the RD4 was available in 2 'levels' depending on options and equipment specified. You may also require an updated multi function screen.

It also depends if you are referring to Bluetooth for phone calls or audio streaming, but there is neither of these options by default on the basic RD4 without the USB connection box system / hands free kit.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
tomjyoutwit
(Donor 2020)

Post by tomjyoutwit »

So essentially everything is awkward!

Just Bluetooth for audio would be good- not sure how much effort I want to put into this! Even just retrofitting usb sounds painful
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

What about this Tom: It seems to do Bluetooth calls, streaming, and plays MP3s from flash cards etc. and has a built in microphone, so no messy wires and cables.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FirstE-Bluetoo ... ast_sto_dp

Got to be worth a punt at £13.79! There are 17k reviews on Amazon with a 4.5 star rating.
Tom BT.PNG
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc