Xantia Interior light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Xantia Interior light

Post by DoubleChevron »

Hi Guys,
has anyone had a problem with Xantia interior lights staying on before ??
Of course the bloody thing will be computer controlled. It's not a door switch shorting as the only time the interior light turns **off** is when the ignition is on. When you open the door with the ignition on the interior light still turns on.
There doesn't appear to be a dash switch to force them to say on all the time, so I'm fresh out of ideas ? Possibly the interior light computer is playing up... I've pulled the battery terminal off so hopefully it'll have reset when I plug it back on.
any ideas ??
thanks
Shane L.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Shane -
Your '97 Xantia interior lights are working the "good old way". No elaborate computer, but a timer circuit.
It's the central locks control unit containing the lighting timer circuit foiling you, as this puts out an earth connection parallel over the door switches.
This points to a standard problem with the central locks wiring, i.e. a chafed wire in the door bellows.
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

Thanks Anders !!
I'll have to get my Xantia manual back (I've lent it to someone) and have a look at the circuit diagrams. Any idea where the earth point for the lighting timer is ?
thanks!
Shane L
PS: Why won't this bloody car just work ?? I keep threatening to get her a nice reliable CX Image Image
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

There is also some interconection between the light and the central locking as the interior light is switched on remotely by unlocking the door with the plip, similarly the light is extinguished by locking the door via the same method.
Dave
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

Thanks Guys,
leaving the battery terminal off over night appears to have reset everything (I mean everything, now to enter radio codes, radio stations, time for the clock etc, etc ...).
On the plus side the interior light is now working again.
seeya,
Shane L.
JohnW
My Cars:

Post by JohnW »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DoubleChevron</i>

Thanks Guys,
leaving the battery terminal off over night appears to have reset everything (I mean everything, now to enter radio codes, radio stations, time for the clock etc, etc ...).
On the plus side the interior light is now working again.
seeya,
Shane L.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Shane,
You've just got to love modern electronics!! What caused it? That's what I'd like to know......
JohnW