buying accessories on line

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

andy_k

buying accessories on line

Post by andy_k »

I made the mistake of dealing with a company I've used twice in the past for 'aftermarket accessories' both of those times, I got a great personal service, an outstanding product and would have happily recommended them to anybody. This time. things are a little different two weeks down the line I have no product, have received zero customer service - the personal touch is gone as has my recommendation! (and money) - Looking through their Trustpilot reviews, it seems I'm not the only one - I guess the original owner of the business sold out!

This company is best avoided if you are looking for a set of car mats
Spoiler: show
MrCarMats
Ross_K

Re: buying accessories on line

Post by Ross_K »

I learned a long time ago to use a credit card for every online purchase.

No sign of the goods...ring the bank and do a chargeback. The seller is the bank's problem after that, and my blood pressure's spared :-D

Trustpilot scores can't be trusted as an unscrupulous business can flag bad reviews for "illegal" content. This means they're not counted pending a review which can take an unspecified amount of time.

Mr Car Mats' reviews on other sites are a bit more illuminating:
https://www.reviews.io/company-reviews/ ... armats-com
ImageImage
andy_k

Post by andy_k »

yeah, my previous experiences with them have been exceptional but I suspect they are under new ownership as it all looks a bit 'corporate' and whereas it was one guy who genuinely cared, now it's a load of people, none of them seeming to give a s**t :(
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I've used these and am very pleased as you can customise thickness and colours / trim:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/carmatworld? ... 3561.l2563
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc