DS5 Head Up Display

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Shaun 68

DS5 Head Up Display

Post by Shaun 68 »

Hi Mark

Could you tell me where the fuse for the HUD on a DS5 is located please 🙏

Thanks
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 21 Aug 2022, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: New Thread Created
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: DS5 Head Up Display

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The fuse is in the passenger glove box, Fuse F32 (10A), however, this fuse also controls the radio, telematics and radio. So unlikely to be a fuse if the other equipment I mentione4d is still working.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Shaun 68

Post by Shaun 68 »

Hi Mark

Thanks for your rapid reply

The radio is still working, so I guess the HUD unit is dead, sounds a very expensive repair.

😪
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

They don't repair these - they will just replace. You could get a second hand one. To remove, you need to remove the instrument panel which also require long pin-type instruments inserted in the top of the instrument panel to release 2 internal securing clips, then a series of trim clips on the surround. Then the instrument panel can be carefully lifted to allow access tot he wiring plugs and removed. this exposes some securing clips for the instrument panel shroud which has to be removed, then this exposes some securing fittings for part of the HUD. Then the HUD surrounding trim on the dash surface can be unclipped to expose the main bolts, to release it and disconnect the unit.

If it is being replaced it needs a diagnostic tool to reinitialise it.

Marc
Shaun 68

Post by Shaun 68 »

Will any garage be able to initialise it or does it have to be a dealer. I have seen a few on ebay but are from older cars than mine ( 2015 ), would that be a problem.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I can't tell you what is involved in the procedure - only that this is required if replaced. So whether that is referring to a new unit or not I can't advise and whether fitting a unit from the same vehicle with same options will just work or not. Generally these sorts of capabilities are only available using dealer-level equipment like Diagbox.

Marc