Xantia Radio

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

glenndale
My Cars:

Xantia Radio

Post by glenndale »

Can anyone help? I have a strange fault on my factory fitted Radio.When I switch the ignition on all is well with the radio. however when I start the engine the radio stops working for about ten minutes then slowly comes on only with the left hand speakers working, another few minutes pass then the right hand speakers come and all is then ok untill I switch the engine off, then it starts all over again. Anyone got any ideas ???
1997 xantia athena 32000 mls
1.9td
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

You defo have a power feed problem to the radio.
Either a bad earth or a bad +12V connection. The radio would have 2 connections from 12V : one constant battery live (fused) to keep internal memory updated, and another key switched power for the "normal" radio power, which is the one I'd suspect.
fuse F1 is for radio power, fuse F25 is for radio memory. Check fuses are not corroded or loose fit.
Be sure to have any radio code written down before fiddling with the radio power.
glenndale
My Cars:

Post by glenndale »

Thanks DK i`ll give your suggestion a try. But isn`t it strange that it does exactly the same thing every time?? You would have thought it would be intermitant.