Injector Programming Tool

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

thehorsetm

Injector Programming Tool

Post by thehorsetm »

Hi all, I am new to the forum and i'm very happy to have stumbled across the forum whilst surfing the web for an answer haha

I have a 2014 308 1.6hdi 115 with a intermittent injector fault which reared it's head a few weeks ago. After having the fault cleared and booting the car home i only seem to get little cough's now and again but still feel the car isn't what it was until the fault code popped up.

On the code reader it was an injector 1 fault (whist flinging of abs/esp faults).

I am now looking for a code reader that will allow me to re-programme a new injector and also do things like put the hand brake in service mode.

I would prefer something that does multi vehicles as i have other cars in the household and to be honest after reading some of the stuff around Lexia/diagbox/PP I think I would deffo be better with a separate device as buy a laptop/lexi/pp etc for one brand of car really is 1, not worth it for me and 2, i'm not 100% sure if I understand how to get it all up and running.

I would be very grateful if anyone has any links to known machines that code injectors/read faults etc that ain't to expensive :-)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Injector Programming Tool

Post by GiveMeABreak »

As we mainly deal with Citroen / Peugeot / DS vehicles on this Forum, you'll find VCI hardware and Diagbox software the tools of choice here as they are clones of the dealer-level tools used on these vehicles and can do most of what the dealer can do, being bespoke tools.

As for alternatives that support multiple vehicles, you are looking at hundreds or even thousands for multi-marque tools with the abilities you require as many tools require additional fees for each marque you want. That's why the multi-brand tools are very expensive. Also, they often have annual software update subs to keep abreast of changes in technology and new vehicles.. Functionality can also differ from tool to tool, with some providing basic features and others providing more complex operations.

This is something you would be better off talking to a diagnostic tool supplier to be honest and explaining what requirements you have - but they won't be cheap for multi brand vehicles and as said it depends on what level of functionality you require.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I wonder how the Wurth Wow Snooper would manage this Marc, I bought one from easydiagnostics and used it on the C5 but it's sitting here on the shelf now doing nowt since I've gone electric.
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. (Albert Einstein)
thehorsetm

Post by thehorsetm »

Bought a think diag tool, seems to work on that :-)
Jimmy8157

Post by Jimmy8157 »

thehorsetm wrote: 24 Aug 2022, 15:01 Bought a think diag tool, seems to work on that :-)
Did you manage to code the injector with this tool? I'm in the same situation now looking for a diagnostic tool that I can code injectors

Cheers