2010 C5 Bluetooth head unit help

This unit is the MyWay system, also referred to as RNEG, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: Also referred to as RNEG, the MyWay colour satellite navigation system, has SD card, integrated European mapping, live trafic information, voice guidance and graphics in 2D or aerial perspective & it features a Bluetooth® system (Bluetooth phone compatibility only - no Bluetooth Audio Streaming).

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

andy_k

2010 C5 Bluetooth head unit help

Post by andy_k »

I've got a 2010 C5 Tourer with Myway and cannot get it to display contacts or call details using bluetooth - it's driving me mad!!

Any ideas?

Thanks folks
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 06 Aug 2022, 23:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to MyWay Telematics Forum
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: 2010 C5 Bluetooth head unit help

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Just make sure that you have deleted all previous phones from the MyWay system, as well as removed the Bluetooth connection from the smartphone. Then start pairing from scratch and make sure you select the relevant bluetooth profile and allow permissions from the phone side too.

Remember that contacts synchronisation can only happen when the system is activated and can take some time depending on the number of contacts it has to synchronise. If it gets interrupted, it will start over the next time, so better to let it do this on a drive.
andy_k

Post by andy_k »

cheers Marc, I have done all of that once but it's worth another go.

I also tried exporting the contacts using V Cards over Bluetooth, the unit said it had downloaded them but nothing showed in the address book

I'll try a few more approaches tomorrow - Bluetooth an be such a pain
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes it is a common issue and the general fix (barring any phone software or phone bluetooth profile compatibility issues), is to completely delete the phone from the system. Unpairing alone (or disconnecting Bluetooth alone) will not work, ditto for the Bluetooth connection to the vehicle listed on the phone's Bluetooth listed devices.

Once done on both devices, switch the ignition off and lock the car then leave for 10 minutes without unlocking, to allow for the data networks to shut down (the telematics unit stays powered on for some time after locking the vehicle).

Then try the pairing routine again with the engine running and allow contacts to be synchronised (in case economy mode kicks in).