Commonwealth games.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Commonwealth games.

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I don't usually watch tv in the mornings but couldn't miss this morning's triathlon from my childhood playground Sutton Park where I spent a lot of my time
The park was about a 2 miles walk from our house and a regular stomping ground for us youngsters, several pools for angling, an outdoor lido, a mid lake boat for the sea scouts and much much more but mostly just open country only five miles or so from central Birmingham.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
NewcastleFalcon

Re: Commonwealth games.

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

My ears pricked up when the Scotland Team paraded in the opening ceremony when the commentator mentioned that the Team's outfits were designed by Siobhan Mackenzie and woven by Lochcarron Mill in Selkirk.

Why?
As part of the Counties in the Spotlight thread, on the day Selkirkshire was selected at random, we had a spontaneous road trip up to Selkirk. It's nice to know that a bit of the weaving industry continues and remains contemporary in the Borders, in spite of a decline from the scale it used to be in past times. Todays county in the spotlight revisited :-D
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey