DS5 Dual Zone Issue

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
TheFrenchCarGuy

DS5 Dual Zone Issue

Unread post by TheFrenchCarGuy »

Hi

This is my first post so please feel free to move it should it be in the wrong section.

My 2013 DS5 has recently started to blow warm air from the passenger side even when both zones are set to low. If I set both zones to high then both sides will blow hot air. It seems like the passenger side won't go all the way down to cold. The drivers side seems ok.

I remember having a similar issue with a Fiat years ago and that had a reset procedure to resync all of the motors/flaps. Does a DS5 has this feature?

Thanks.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: DS5 Dual Zone Issue

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

No the system moves the flaps itself periodically automatically, but there is no reset.

Your issue may be related to a blocked heater matrix; lack of refrigerant; a faulty or broken air mixer flap motor, or the linkage from the motor to the air mixing flap on the affected side. It will need some investigation though to try and determine the issue.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
TheFrenchCarGuy

The refrigerant is low as the AC struggles to keep the car cool these days. I'll try a top up of the system before looking at all the other possibilities. Thanks for your reply 👍
TheFrenchCarGuy

Had the AC topped up today... The dual zone now seems to be working correctly and blowing freezing cold air form both sides when set to LO.

Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

Great, just in time too it seems with these temps.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc