ZX dashboard switches

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

TomH
My Cars:

ZX dashboard switches

Post by TomH »

The little panel to the left of my steering wheel which houses the remote passenger mirror switch fell out (French cars eh?! [;)]) and I noticed that there are wires attached to the right one of the other two ports either side which doesn't have a switch! what is that for then?? [:I] (without me dismantling car to find out!)
Jon

Post by Jon »

Probably for optional RH electric mirror, very rare and only ever seeen on 16v versions, I think.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hi Tom, Jeans pesky Aura has a small round push switch on the other side panel (near the dimmer wheel switch), But it does nothing as far as I can tell. Press it = zilch? it is wired up though.. :-D
humpy

Post by humpy »

Ultrasonic sensor deactivation? press the button for 3 secs after turning off the ignition and the red light under the clock will illuminate solidly.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Really? I will give that a try... erm.. What the heck is an "Ultrasonic sensor" for anyway? And why would it need deactivation? I dont think the lil light under the clock works, as I have never seen it come on, either on the Avantage or the Aura.. [:I] The lil light on the radio flashes on the Avantage when the alarm is set, this does not happen on the Aura..
On her car there is just one blip thingy, and it locks the doors, flashes the lights, and sets the alarm.. On my Avantage there are two blippers, one unlocks the doors, the other sets the alarm, but neither causes the lights to flash.. Oh and the Aura boot unlocks/locks with the central locking, on the Avantage I have to use My key.. French cars huh [:o)] [8)] [:(!]
ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

the ultrasonics detect movement and sound etc inside the car, i.e. smashed window or a hand through the window!try it, leave your window down to allow your arm to fir through and set the alarm, leave it 5 seconds to arm then wave you hand inside the car, if the ultrasonics and alarm work, it should set it off!they can be very sensitive and can cause false alarms especially when cats etc jump on the car! thats why you have the option of turning them off.
Dan
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

manual mirror on the drivers side of my 16v, electric may have been an option i guess. Dont know why you would want it though as it would cost more, be more prone to failure and also weigh more with the motor and you dont adjust mirrors that often.
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

I don't have an alarm or immobiliser, and there is no button on the fascia, just wiring in behind!
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

Tom it could be:
Electric Drivers Mirror
UltraSonic Switch
Heated Seats
Aircon
Passanger Ejector Seat (in a James Bond Stylee)
DomF9
My Cars:

Post by DomF9 »

I've got the tiny button with a red led below it. Pressing it for 3 secs after ignition does nothing. LED permanently on. Also have a cheap lucas flip switch next to it (to do with old phone setup I think).
Queried button/LED with Citroen when first got car and they said Alarm, and that it would be cigarette box sized below headlights. Clue was to look for some sort of keyhole on front slam panel - on/off isolator. No such thing. Had entire front end dismantled. No alarm box. Doesn't explain why still have LED and button. They are not aftermarket items. But do have ultrasonics still, though not working.
Citroen did say the alarm box could be mounted anywhere, but as I haven't got a blipper, I dare not disconnect it even if I could find it if there is one.
I'm lucky (?) enough that on my 11-year old car, I can still just make out on the driver's rear quarter where the "Lovekyns" (of Kingston) sticker was when the car was either a demonstrator or advert holder!
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Pressing the button on the Aura appears to do nothing either, but the lil round light below it is always off.. I think it will remain an unsolved mystery as I DONT intend to go chasing wires inside the dash.. [:)]