Engine fault and emission fault

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
artois

Engine fault and emission fault

Unread post by artois »

Need some advise on my 2015 Ds5 1.6 HDi. Drivning to work this morning two warnings came on. ”Engine fault - Repair needed” and ”Emission control fault”. Service light also light up and UREA light. No change in how vehicle drove. Was close to Work so continued my drive.

Called my Citroën dealer and due to summer he could only book me in end of july, but told me I could drive the car as long as there where no change in power etc.

I drove home and UREA light and emission control warning disapeared. Engine fault warning still on. It is a solid light and according to instruction-Book it mean-Emission cleaning fault.

Question: Are person I talked to correct with that I can continue using car until End of july as long as no limp-mode or change in power? Or should I call a different dealer that maybe have time to take it in sooner?
Rp0thejester
Donor 2024

Re: Engine fault and emission fault

Unread post by Rp0thejester »

Sounds okay to me. If was a major fault you'd know about it. Lights were probably yellow on dash which means get it checked soon, red means sort it now. In this temperature cars are going doo lally. If near 100k maybe dpf fluid top up needed, apart from, don't worry!!
Ryan

'99 Xsara 1.6 X (Red) with Sunkissed bonnet. T59 SBX
'54 Astra Estate 1.7DTI (Artic White)
'06 C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive (Aster Grey)

Champion of Where's CitroJim :-({|=
Yes I ask the stupid questions, because normally it is that simple.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

You will be ok as long as there are no other warnings. Just be sensible and try to limit driving where necessary until it can be diagnosed. Keep an eye on the UREA countdown - has this displayed the warning and miles remaining until engine starting denied?
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
jamesp5041

Unread post by jamesp5041 »

Sorry to bump an old thread. This sounds similar to my problem. My emissions light an urea light aren't on now just the engine fault light but the car drives absolutely fine. Had it plugged in yesterday an the guy said some of the warnings related to abs but that shouldn't trigger an engine fault light. I should of got a copy of the codes but he did say it was multiple codes so maybe an electrical problem? Can't get it properly looked at for another week now though. 2017 DS5 diesel
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

We can't really help without the fault codes themselves. Any fault with the ABS / ESP and that will trigger a separate warning on the dash though.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
jamesp5041

No probs I will try an get it scanned again. I was just wondering if the person from the original post ever found what it was
Isabell-S

Unread post by Isabell-S »

I have the same problem with my GC4 Picasso 2016. The engine light came on first, then the UREA light came on saying “emission control fault: starting prevented in 1100km". The mechanic says the car can be driven, but I got an appointment in two weeks and I'm wondering if it's just to top up the ADblue? The engine light only lights up sometimes, so I think it might not be a big problem, or am I wrong?
jamesp5041

I did start a new post with my codes an Vin. Just an update on the car had it scanned by a company with dealer software turned out to be the Nox sensor.