Nemo Seat Swap Resulting In Airbag Light Fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
rovingpaddy
Donor 2024
Posts: 12
Joined: 07 Jul 2022, 18:40

Nemo Seat Swap Resulting In Airbag Light Fault

Unread post by rovingpaddy »

Hi guys, new to the forum. Hopefully someone might be able to point me in the right direction or provide an answer.

Basically I have an 09 Nemo Multispace. I've just fitted the two front seats from the van version of the nemo. (I wanted the folding seat but wanted the cheapness of the Multispace road tax)

The original seats both had airbags in them, the new ones however do not have airbags.
So on switching the ignition on I get a beep, a fault message and the airbag red light on.

Now I read all over the web that some resistors bridged over two wires sorts this problem, however the nemo has three wires and I tried bridging all 3 in different configurations but to no avail.

Is there a simple fix to this? Or can a garage sort this with a obd scanner?

Any help is much appreciated.
Cheers.
Patrick.
User avatar
GiveMeABreak
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 41989
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 6957

Re: Nemo Seat Swap Resulting In Airbag Light Fault

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

The Airbag ECU is expecting the Airbags to be there. We can't really advise on this as your vehicle is supposed to have seats with airbags being a passenger vehicle. You won't find a dealer that will do this - but you will need to advise your insurance company that you have removed the seas with the airbags, as you have in effect removed a safety device.

Our Forum policy prevents advice concerning interfering with safety devices, so the topic will be locked.
(A) 7. i & ii

viewtopic.php?t=56502
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.

Marc