AL4 shennanigan's again

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

maxxo
My Cars: Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

AL4 shennanigan's again

Post by maxxo »

2003 2.0 HDi C5 with an AL4

already had lockup and regulation solenoid's replaced, around 15k ago, that issue is sorted

i now have a completely new issue i'm almost convinced is the gearbox

i've had on a number of occasions, the car completely lose power, nothing, pretty much full throttle can only maintain speed

i noted, the engine revs increase by around 500rpm whilst the car was actually losing speed

also, 2nd gear unlocked, if under load then 90% of the time unless stone cold it will shudder getting worse as revs increase to the point it gets horrendous until the converter locks up

the loss of power was always in 4th, however today it happened in 3rd, so bad i couldn't accelerate up a not very steep hill, however, if i release the throttle and apply it again then all the power comes back

it may be related, sometimes reverse is engaged with a bit of a thud

3rd to 4th, at times can flare up and then jolt into gear with a thud

i have a horrible feeling there's a brake/clutch pack that's worn, i do have code 02 on lexia for slipping clutches/brakes

today i tried resetting the oil wear counter, only thing i could think of and have yet to drive it since but not expecting any difference to be made

i've ordered some Lucas automatic transmission treatment to see what difference that could make

i've got a horrible feeling the solution to this is a transmission rebuild.......

any suggestions are much appreciated

thanks
max