Weird DS3 Crossback Spec.

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MOORW003
My Cars: DS3 Crossback 2020
DS3 Hatchback 2016

Weird DS3 Crossback Spec.

Post by MOORW003 »

Hi,

Yesterday, I traded in my old DS3 hatchback and picked up my new (well 2 years old) DS3 Crossback in Millenium Blue with a black roof. It looks lovely and my drive home was really exciting. But I have had some odds issues with it with regards to insuring it and understanding the spec. It's a 1.5 Bluehdi and when I test drove it was told it was a "prestige" model.

When I tried to insure it yesterday, the search registration function couldn't find the car, so I had to call in. I rang, and they manually ran a check and found the car, but they said it didn't match a trim level that most cars have which is why they had to do it manually. Alarmed, I paid for a full HPI check, but that was clear (this was coming from a franchised dealer so I didn't expect problems). I didn't understand really, but went to pick the vehicle up. I got in the car to drive home, put the car in reverse and the touchscreen went to reversing camera.. which confused as I didn't think the car had.

I've got home, returned to my car check, then looked at the insurance documents and it shows "BlueHDI UltrPrestige". I've downloaded the 2019/2020 DS3 Crossback brochure, and looking through the car, it does indeed have all the equipment of the higher spec "ultra prestige". But DS never sold the Diesel variant in that trim. What is more, when I put the cruise control on it was "active". Looking at the brochure, that isn't an option on the vehicle.

All in all, I'm a bit perplexed at exactly what this car is. Is this some dealer only special order? Any ideas?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Weird DS3 Crossback Spec.

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Either you have the Prestige with one of the option packs that does include adaptive cruise control (Premium Safety Pack) or the Ultra Prestige that has it.

Do you have a Heads Up Display? If so that was included as standard on the Ultra Prestige, but was an optional extra on the Prestige.

Another example is Front parking sensors and rear camera - part of the City Pack - which was standard on Ultra Prestige, but an optional extra on the Prestige.

So a lot of these extras can be specified as part of an options pack.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
MOORW003
DS3 Hatchback 2016

Post by MOORW003 »

I see. It seems on full inspection, it has every piece of kit of Ultra Prestige, and UP leather seats. Yes, it has the heads up display (which is really useful). It's also got the stereo upgrade in place of the spare wheel. Whoever specced it went to town.

The issue was trying to get my insurers to find the car. My paid car check has shown it's Ultra Prestige, but when I put the car registration into my insurer, or an insurance agregrator, when I put my registration in it can't find the car. Then when you type in manually, you can't select the correct trim level, because the variant doesn't exist.

Hastings was the only insurer I tried who found the car via registration. It describes the car as such (DS DS3 C-BCK ULTRAPRSTG B-HD 2020). Anyway, I guess I'm a happy new owner. Hopefully many happy years of ownership ahead!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I would advise that you take out an extended dealer warranty after the initial 3 year warranty expires, which you should be able to renew annually if within the upper mileage limit. With all the tech on board these can be expensive to repair and replace, plus the Adblue tanks (with integrated pump) can be expensive to replace if they fail. Enjoy driving it though.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
MOORW003
DS3 Hatchback 2016

Post by MOORW003 »

Thanks for the advice. The car was registered on 28th August 2020, so I'll definitely look into doing that next year. Hopefully, nothing will break soon. The car only has 1000 miles on the clock and still has the new car smell. The dealer I bought it from (a well known/reputable franchise, but not DS related) told me they believe the car was originally a pre-reg (hence my question about whether this car was some kind of dealership weird build or something), and then sold to a guy who ended up absolutely hating the vehicle. That guy kept it for a year, barely driving it, then traded it in for a Hyundai i30 (I bought it from a Hyundai dealership).

Long and short of it is I test drove it, fell in love, but held off as it was still a little over my budget. But the fact it's a diesel and that market has collapsed, and the fact they had a stocking loan on it, meant I got what I feel was a stonking deal on it in the end, so the heart ruled the head, and I just had to have it!