XM Coded Anti Theft Device

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

woolybully
My Cars:

XM Coded Anti Theft Device

Post by woolybully »

My petrol 2.0si turbo hatch has decided to immoblise itself and won't let me start it !
Although the green lamp is "on" on the coded anti theft device keypad when I try to start the car, off goes the horn etc and it won't start.
Have tried to switch to neutral mode but without any luck.
Could it be something to do with only having a door key (didn't get a remote when I got the car three years ago) ?
Does anybody know of a way round the immobiliser ???
jozivic
My Cars:

Post by jozivic »

Hello!
I have the same problems with my old Xantia VSX 1994, when is rainy or snow I was sometimes not able to start, especially when I was parking over wet. When I input a correct code, green light began to light, but with red light together. The former driver of my car told me a strange solution. Each number you have to press for about 20 seconds or more. It is not logical, but sometimes it works. The next problem is in the fuse in motor area, it is common on Xantias V6, you got the information about code failure. You have to clean the seat of fuse or change it for new one with clean contacts. In extrenme cases we have to change the new seat for fuse (25A). You can find exact position of this fuse in manual.[:)]