Dispatch Central Locking questions ...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gm0rdi
My Cars: Citroen Dispatch 1000

Dispatch Central Locking questions ...

Post by gm0rdi »

Apologies if this has been asked / answered previous (I've done my best to search the forum and didn't find any answer so far)

I very recently bought a 2016 Dispatch and it has a who raft of nightmare-ish issues (it was relatively cheap for a reason, right?). Central locking "doesn't". Makes all the right noise but doesn't actually lock. It appears that this is because there's "LEFT HAND REAR DOOR OPEN" condition. OK - I get that.

Could someone clue me in on how the BCM "knows" that? I appears that there may be a switch inside the top left rear door latch assembly and if so, I suppose that's it. However - how is that routed back to the BCM? Does is go via the spring-loaded connector assembly on the left hand sliding door? Or some other route.

If there IS a switch in that top door latch, is it safe to assume that it COULD just be shorted out to "clear" the issue ?

HELP. Please :shock:
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Dispatch Central Locking questions ...

Post by wheeler »

If its a rear sliding door there is a separate pin switch on the body frame.
gm0rdi
My Cars: Citroen Dispatch 1000

Re: Dispatch Central Locking questions ...

Post by gm0rdi »

wheeler wrote: 23 Jun 2022, 07:43 If its a rear sliding door there is a separate pin switch on the body frame.
Cheers for that. The display just says "Left Rear Door Open", so I am unclear whether it's the sliding door or REALLY the back door 8-[

I'll have a look and see if I can see a pin switch on the body frame. Shorting that out should provide the answer, I guess!

All the best ...