Citroen C8.engine cooling problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andri
My Cars: Citroen C8

Citroen C8.engine cooling problem

Post by andri »

Hi to all.
First,sorry for my writing mistakes.
I have a problem with engine cooling Citroen C8 RHH 120.Kw.When the engine is running it is not showing me the correct temperature on dashboard and on diagbox.It is aprox.20 celsius lower then fizikal measurement on the engine,but when I thurn off the engine then the temp.rise (on dashboard) to the same value as the engine have.the thermostat opens normaly at 85.Problem is that the engine is over 100.but temp.sensor only showing 80,therefore the cooling fan are not able to run.The engine overheated.When I start it again the temp.drops.I have changed the water pump,thermostat housing with temp.sensor but no difference.
Thank you all for yours suggestions.
Best Regards.
Rp0thejester
Donor 2024
My Cars: C8 2.2 Hdi Exclusive

Re: Citroen C8.engine cooling problem

Post by Rp0thejester »

As a fellow C8 owner/driver I wouldn't worry to much. It's unusually hot for this time of year and also what the car is supposed to deal with when designed and built. Just imagine if it was designed for Artic conditions then there would be a problem!
Ryan

'99 Xsara 1.6 X (Red) with Sunkissed bonnet. T59 SBX
'54 Astra Estate 1.7DTI (Artic White)
'06 C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive (Aster Grey)

Champion of Where's CitroJim :-({|=
Yes I ask the stupid questions, because normally it is that simple.
andri
My Cars: Citroen C8

Re: Citroen C8.engine cooling problem

Post by andri »

Rp0thejester,Thank you for your answer.I have manage to solve the problem.I switch the connectors by mistake between engine cooling temp.sensor and fuel temp.sensor on high pressure pump.My mistake.