electrics

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

patrick harrell
My Cars:

electrics

Post by patrick harrell »

please,please can anyone help !
i recently bought a xantia 1.9 turbo diesel and noticed the front electric windows did not work but the back did,thinking i could be a fuse or relay thought it was an easy problem....not
the clock comes on and off too and when the clock is on the windows worked...well we were driving sunday when the wife opened the front window and now i cant shut it, please please help,is there a manual device like the sun roof? and does anyone know what the problem is rough cost of putting right
many,many thanks
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

Patrick, assuming there is no reson to consider a mechanical/cable fault then the problem can only be electrical. The passenger window operates from both doors. If it is dead on both switches then the possible fault is in the relays and fuses. The clock may be a clue so follow the fuse ratings properly. Do you still have the handbook? If not I would be happy to copy the pages relating to the fuse ratings for you.
Another possible source of irritaion is if the doors have had their interiors off in the past and the plastic screening has allowed water to get into the various switches and connections inside. No alternative but to remove the panels and clean it all up.
My first guess though would be a poor fuse and or a faulty relay. Others on this site will hopefully come up with locations and other possible answers. Regards, Robin
monkeyman

Post by monkeyman »

Check the wires in the rubber sleeve that goes between the door and door post. Broken wires in the sleeve are quite common.
patrick harrell
My Cars:

Post by patrick harrell »

i have checked the fuses and relays but one thing that is happening is when i take the key out of ignition the clock comes on then fades out???????? does this mean anything to anyone
thanks for everyones help
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Ah ha! another clue . . .
The interior light turn off delay is activated when the key is removed from the ignition . . . just a coincidence?? (delay <clock> - door<courtesy light switch> - window winder <door>)
//NiSk
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

I thnik you will find that its the ignition barrel thats at fault here. Not contacting when turned on. Replacement barrel is the best route to take
Paul.