C2 not turning over,

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pat Buckley
My Cars: Citroen c2

C2 not turning over,

Post by Pat Buckley »

C2, not going into neutral, not turning over, electrics seems to be comming and going, doing their own thing, fuses ok, auto symbol flashing, also snowflake symbol flashing....which indicates electrical problem....
ozvtr
My Cars: Citroen C2 VTR
Citroen C3 SX
Citroen C3 in bits

Re: C2 not turning over,

Post by ozvtr »

I assume your C2 has a sensodrive gearbox?
The gearbox has a fault, hence the auto and snow flake flashing.
The starter will not engage until the gearbox ECU is happy.
There are a lot of things that can cause the gearbox ECU to complain. You will need a LEXIA scan tool to read the error code, a plain OBD scantool wont be able to read the gearbox codes correctly.
In the mean time you could try a gearbox reset, it's in the owners manual.
Basically, you need to disconnect and reconnect the battery until you get a "-" (dash) in the gear indicator on the instrument cluster (this might take a few tries). Then put your foot on the brake and turn the ignition on. Keep your foot on the brake until you get a number or N in the gear indicator. The gear box MUST click and clack for a good 30 seconds while it resets. If it comes up with a number or N straight away it did NOT reset!
This might not work but it's worth a try.
Pat Buckley
My Cars: Citroen c2

Re: C2 not turning over,

Post by Pat Buckley »

Mecanic came out to her. He checked all the connections in the fuse board under the glove compartment, and while he did not see or feel anything loose.....the car started immediately after.....His best guess is that it was a loose connection there.........Thanking you for your help and advice.... .