Citroen C3 1.2 Puretech (2019) - Sonax AC cleaner

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gonzales

Citroen C3 1.2 Puretech (2019) - Sonax AC cleaner

Post by Gonzales »

Hello,

Does anybody knows where heater matrix/ac evaporator on Citroen C3 Puretech 1.2 Puretech (2019) is ?

I looked a Sonax video, but the cabin filter in C3 is outside the car (in engine compartment). Do i take off the cabin filter and put the tube in there and spray it ?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Citroen C3 1.2 Puretech (2019) - Sonax AC cleaner

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Don't both with all that - if you want to clean your A/C system and disinfect the car, just use a standard AC cleaner that you leave in the car with the AC running. There are various brands, but essentially, open all the vents in the car and put the A/C onto recycle mode so the outside air is cut off. Leave the system like that for a few minutes, whilst you shake can, then put it somewhere central (not against trim) and depress the one-use button. Keep your face out the way as it will go off with some force.

Close all the doors and leave it as directed with the engine running and the A/C still on recycle mode. Just follow the instructions.

If you want to change your pollen filter, I suggest you do that separately just after you've cleaned the system.