C4 Parking System Fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gosnoid72

C4 Parking System Fault

Post by gosnoid72 »

When I start the car, without the parking assist system disabled, I get a fault message on the dash 'Parking Assist System Fault' or something similar. Last night I disconnected all eight sensors, thinking that by removing a faulty sensor, it would remove the fault. It didn't make any difference, so I'm wondering if a disconnected sensor is actually a system fault? If so, can I short out each plug to make the system think that the sensor is fitted? I've read the other posts about feeling the 'buzzing' sensors, if they're working and I'll try that (does that still apply if the system is in fault?). I assume that the system is split and the rear sensors are only live in reverse and vice versa for the front ones?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: C4 Parking System Fault

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That isn't going to help! The parking assistance ECU does a self-check each time the vehicle is started. By disconnecting the sensors you have basically created more faults.

Try my touch test as you have referred to, but otherwise you need a decent diagnostic system like Lexia / Diagbox to determine which part of the system or which sensor is faulty.

Shorting them out is only going to destroy them.... but won't make the warning go away.

If you don't want the system working then it will need disabling with the diagnostic tools I mentioned above.
gosnoid72

Re: C4 Parking System Fault

Post by gosnoid72 »

Cheers Marc, I thought as much. I'll try the vibration test at the weekend.