What version of diagbox do I need for 2015 grand picasso.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stuart W
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Current temporary 2008 Citroen C4 picasso 1.6 hdi whilst the 2015 Grand picasso continues to have electrical problems..

Citroen Grand Picasso blue hdi 2015
Citroen C4 Grand picasso hdi 2012
Citroen Xsara picasso 1.6 hdi 2005
Citroen Xsara picasso 2.0 diesel 2002

What version of diagbox do I need for 2015 grand picasso.

Post by Stuart W »

I still have a parking brake/ abs problem and have purchased a full chip diagbox with updates up to v 7.83. Due to problems with loading some of the updates I have tried using the diagbox on v7.57 and v7.76 but neither seemed to recognise my engine type which is BGY a 1.6 blue hdi 120 hp.
Also could not access the abs parameters with 7.76 and although v 7.57 did after 4 attempts to automatically connect me to the server, it still will not save the changes.Once again tries to connect to the server.
Which version will work on 2015 Grand Picasso?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: What version of diagbox do I need for 2015 grand picasso.

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Don't have an active internet connection while using the system or there is a risk it will deactivate!

Leave the network / WiFi adapter card on (do not flick the switch to turn off the WiFi), just ensure you have disabled any automatic connections to your router that will allow internet access.

I'm not sure what changes you are trying to make, but it won't work if you allow it to attempt to connect to PSA servers. So make sure when it ask to connect you click no.

As for compatibility, you are on the cusp of the changeover to Diagbox V9 as your vehicle was built on 28th August 2015. I only have changelogs up to V8.16 which was released in November 2015. So if you are having persistent issues, you may need DB9. It depends on what the system is you are trying to talk to and whether there were issues fixed in a later update, or it may be that the version you have does not contain the software to talk to a specific later component on the vehicle.

Bear in mind that you very likely cannot programme or make configuration changes in DB V9 without going through a PSA server as that is just the way they have changed things. You can undertake fault finding and use the system for guided procedures, but manual configuring of ECUs is not available in V9 unless paying PSA for access tokens. Having said that, it's not recommended with a 'Clone' interface as it may be rejected by PSA or blocked.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Stuart W
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Current temporary 2008 Citroen C4 picasso 1.6 hdi whilst the 2015 Grand picasso continues to have electrical problems..

Post by Stuart W »

Thanks Marc.I was trying to change the wheel size and other options in the abs ecu but diagbox automatically attempts to connect to the server despite being set to manual configuration. I thought that a simple editing of these parameters would have worked but it seems that we are not going to be able to do very much on these later cars with diagbox any longer.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's correct, ECU configuration is now all done in connected mode from this version going forward. This also started happening gradually on the later versions of DB7 from about V7.6* onwards to some vehicles and increasing on each later version up until they went over to V9.

This particular Bosch ABS / ESP system was fitted on your C4 Picasso trim and option level built from 02/02/2015 to 01/11/2015. So I would of expected that even DB version 7.65 from 10/03/2015 should of covered it. Might be worth downgrading the version to 7.65 and trying again without the internet connection active as I mentioned.

Marc
Stuart W
(Donor 2022)

Post by Stuart W »

I have re installed to v 7.57 and even this one automatically tries to connect to the internet
It is only possible to display the current settings after 5 or 6 attempts after clicking on the red cross.So frustrating when you finally edit the settings and it says error 415.
Grrr! I will have to get the car to a citroen dealer with a current PSA account.
.Thanks for your very helpful guidance Marc.
ChrisPembs
My Cars: Citroen C4 Picasso 2010 1.6 hdi

Post by ChrisPembs »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 24 Apr 2022, 09:01 That's correct, ECU configuration is now all done in connected mode from this version going forward. This also started happening gradually on the later versions of DB7 from about V7.6* onwards to some vehicles and increasing on each later version up until they went over to V9.

This particular Bosch ABS / ESP system was fitted on your C4 Picasso trim and option level built from 02/02/2015 to 01/11/2015. So I would of expected that even DB version 7.65 from 10/03/2015 should of covered it. Might be worth downgrading the version to 7.65 and trying again without the internet connection active as I mentioned.
Apologies for thread hijacking, I have a 2010 C4 Picasso and want to buy a diagbox setup myself, one of the things I am hoping to do is to unlock the AUX channel on the stereo, which version would you recommend for me? Any particular adaptor better? Thanks :)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

1) Diagbox 7 (V7.58) will be more than adequate for your vehicle.
2) I'm not sure what you mean by "any particular adaptor better"?
3) The AUX input if available should already be enabled. What system do you have (VIN would be helpful).

Marc
ChrisPembs

Post by ChrisPembs »

Hi, thanks again for the reply :) By adaptor I meant the thing that plugs into the OBD port, there seems to be a bit of a selection of Chinese brands...... was wondering if any were thought to be better than other? Also am I right in thinking the "full chip" is the way to go with the full kit of different leads etc? I like to tinker so having it all seems to make sense.
It is a VTR+, it seems the AUX channel was not enabled from factory, there is no AUX input anywhere but there is an AUX facility on the stereo, my plan is to add the wiring to the back of the stereo so I have an AUX port to plug a bluetooth module into to run my in car Alexa Auto, it can be done using just audio jack but having bluetooth functionality will be useful for a couple of other things, anyway, spoke to Citroen and they said the stereo will do AUX just needs to be enabled, after digging through a few forums and youtube it seems that can be done with this kit.

The VIN is: VFUD9HZCAJ726516

I have an injector at the beginning of the end of its life so was thinking diagbox might be able to help me identify which one, although will likely replace the lot it is still nice to know and known how to find out as well lol :)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so you have a basic RD4 system without AUX kit fitted.

As for diagnostics, you are probably talking about a 'Lexia kit' as it is commonly referred to. The kit consists of the hardware which is called the VCI, which plugs into the OBD II port at one end and the other end of the VCI is a USB cable that plugs into your laptop. Diagbox is the software which has been 'modified' for the likes of us to use as these kits are not officially supplied to the public.

There are cheaper versions on the market that may not have all the hardware, so anything around the £50-60 mark may not be the full ticket. A full chip kit is more around the £100 mark.

Although we are not affiliated, there is a UK based supplier of quality kits with UK support and our members can get a 15% discount, link here if interested. Other providers sell these too.

viewtopic.php?t=60112

But do read the guide I put up before tinkering with anything as there is no undo button and you can basically brick the vehicle if you change something you shouldn't. Link here:

Lexia / PP2000 / Diagbox Warning

Marc
ChrisPembs

Post by ChrisPembs »

WOW, thank you so much, just save me a heap of time, appreciated :)
ImNoExpert
Donor 2023
My Cars: P2015 Euro 5 Peugeot Expert L2 H2 2.0HDi 130bhp

Post by ImNoExpert »

Hi folks. Wondering if I can jump in here and get some info on this please?

I've a new Full chip (at least that's what I ordered) and I've installed v7.76, though there is an update to 7.83 that doesn't seems to want to load at all. I've a 2015 Euro 5 Expert 2.0hdi 130bhp.

So far I've managed to connect it to the van, but it's only reading the BSI and 1st engine ECU. 2 or 3 other ECU's not recognised, 1st one being ABS, which when I click on it shows all kinds of faults on the Van centre console, though it does work ok.

I've been limited with an old Acer Aspire 7730 laptop that doesn't have HT-x so can't run a VM.

Hoping you can shed some light @GiveMeABreak on what version I might need? Log book suggests it was reg's jan 2016. I've been at this for over a month now with several installs and changes in OS. Finally settled with XP Pro 32bit.

VIN: VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

as a matter of concern there is a starting error fault with codes but I've somehow misplaced the screenshot. I think it was P0017 and P229 or something. Low fuel pressure when starting. I've been trying to find a problem since May this year of poor acceleration and looks like it could be pointing toward Fuel Pressure regulator?

All the Best to everyone either way. :D

Thanks.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

As you have a commercial vehicle, it's likely that you need the add-on S1279 module that connects to the VCI before you can successfully diagnose all the ECUs.

Marc
ImNoExpert
Donor 2023
My Cars: P2015 Euro 5 Peugeot Expert L2 H2 2.0HDi 130bhp

Post by ImNoExpert »

Ah, no way....it's one thing after another with this. Not having much luck at all.

Thanks. I'll look into it a bit more.
cit-rotti
Donor 2024
My Cars: C5R; C5X7; C6; SM

Post by cit-rotti »

I would install the current latest version of 9.xx.
In the meantime, activation is offered free of charge - a donation is welcome.
These versions work best on a WIN 10 64Bit Profesional.
There are 2 versions:
Virtual version, provided the requirements of the PC are met.
Direct version - without virus programme/without Defender etc. - the laptop should only be used for diagnosis - no WLAN.

The VCI must be full-chip or original.

Info + installation:
https://www.psa-diag.fr/forum/index.php
or at corresponding forums e.g. MHH Auto

Greetings Wolfgang
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 16 Dec 2022, 16:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Translated VCI info
Keneee23
My Cars: 2015 Citroen grand Picasso 2.0l diesel

Post by Keneee23 »

Hi UPDATED
I have hopefully managed to resolve my connection issues using Diagbox 7.85 which was running on an XP VM.
The car had the secondary UREA tank replaced and I finally ascertained the the NOX sensor had been replaced, 4 weeks later the warning came on with the countdown

Steps I used are below to reset counter, clear fault. (Apologies if the YouTube hyperlinks are not supposed to be there)

Thank you everyone who has shared their knowledge and advice etc. :-)

KEY IN KEY SOCKET
Diagbox 7.83
Workstation 15
Diagbox only VM

No update
Citroen
C4 something or other not the plain C4 (NB: it worked after going through C4 manual VIN entry)
VIN if not auto recognised
Global Test
Engine Management ECU (expert mode)
Repair
Pack Repair
Spare Part
Work on emission control circuit
Replacement of the reservoir, of the gauge - pump module, of the denox system pipes or the urea injector Follow instructions of inginition switch off (30secs) / on ignition
BACK OUT x2
Service Action
Work on the emission control circuit
Reinitialisation of the Denox System Faults Follow instructions of inginition switch off (30secs) / on ignition
BACK OUT x2
31 mins onwards
Service Action
Discharge Charging Bleeding or similar
Adblue tank thing reset

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Original Post

I think that I have scoured the forums and not come up with an answer / apologies if I have missed something and dupe threaded a bit...)

I have been battling to get a system set up for talking to our 2015 2.0L 135BHP Grand Picasso... We have a Urea warning and countdown (Urea tank replaced, countdown came back on after 4 days and something (TBC) done in France error came back after 4 weeks).

I ordered a Lexia System and have spent a number of days/computers/HDDs/OSs going backwards and forwards to configure VMWare to talk to the car.

Have a dedicated Win 10 64 bit, with VMWare Diagbox 9.129 up and running (No Network)

The system I have is one which looks like it has a massive PS&2 socket. The two options that I have are Picasso or Spacetourer, auto connect did not work and I had to enter the VIN Manually. I followed a reset countdown timer video through, however the Global Test fails to see most of the system and I am getting as others have done an Engine Management ECU "No Dialogue" error and so can´t get in to reset the timer. I checked cables and ran this with key on dashboard and in keyhole. Soft start on and off (eventually eco mode kicked in and as I am in an enclosed underground garage I decided not to switch the engine on.)

I have contacted the seller (who has been good so far re software etc) to see if I can get 9.91 to try.

The system came with Diagbox 7 and some updates, so have just created a windows 7 32Bit Virtual Machine and am going to install Diagbox 7 on that, whilst I wait on a Drive folder for 9 (Mega Download limits).

Reading that we are on the cusp is a little concerning with respect to which Diagbox version to use, as I want to be able to see what my errors are and possibly reset my countdown...

We are in Spain... I am not sure that my Spanish is good enough to know if I am being ripped off and wanted to get a heads start before hitting Citroen.

Any advice would be most welcome.
And than you to those experts out there who are helping out here :-)
Last edited by Keneee23 on 10 Sep 2023, 11:06, edited 3 times in total.