What version of diagbox do I need for 2015 grand picasso.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stuart W
Donor 2022

What version of diagbox do I need for 2015 grand picasso.

Post by Stuart W »

I still have a parking brake/ abs problem and have purchased a full chip diagbox with updates up to v 7.83. Due to problems with loading some of the updates I have tried using the diagbox on v7.57 and v7.76 but neither seemed to recognise my engine type which is BGY a 1.6 blue hdi 120 hp.
Also could not access the abs parameters with 7.76 and although v 7.57 did after 4 attempts to automatically connect me to the server, it still will not save the changes.Once again tries to connect to the server.
Which version will work on 2015 Grand Picasso?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: What version of diagbox do I need for 2015 grand picasso.

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Don't have an active internet connection while using the system or there is a risk it will deactivate!

Leave the network / WiFi adapter card on (do not flick the switch to turn off the WiFi), just ensure you have disabled any automatic connections to your router that will allow internet access.

I'm not sure what changes you are trying to make, but it won't work if you allow it to attempt to connect to PSA servers. So make sure when it ask to connect you click no.

As for compatibility, you are on the cusp of the changeover to Diagbox V9 as your vehicle was built on 28th August 2015. I only have changelogs up to V8.16 which was released in November 2015. So if you are having persistent issues, you may need DB9. It depends on what the system is you are trying to talk to and whether there were issues fixed in a later update, or it may be that the version you have does not contain the software to talk to a specific later component on the vehicle.

Bear in mind that you very likely cannot programme or make configuration changes in DB V9 without going through a PSA server as that is just the way they have changed things. You can undertake fault finding and use the system for guided procedures, but manual configuring of ECUs is not available in V9 unless paying PSA for access tokens. Having said that, it's not recommended with a 'Clone' interface as it may be rejected by PSA or blocked.
Stuart W
Donor 2022

Post by Stuart W »

Thanks Marc.I was trying to change the wheel size and other options in the abs ecu but diagbox automatically attempts to connect to the server despite being set to manual configuration. I thought that a simple editing of these parameters would have worked but it seems that we are not going to be able to do very much on these later cars with diagbox any longer.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's correct, ECU configuration is now all done in connected mode from this version going forward. This also started happening gradually on the later versions of DB7 from about V7.6* onwards to some vehicles and increasing on each later version up until they went over to V9.

This particular Bosch ABS / ESP system was fitted on your C4 Picasso trim and option level built from 02/02/2015 to 01/11/2015. So I would of expected that even DB version 7.65 from 10/03/2015 should of covered it. Might be worth downgrading the version to 7.65 and trying again without the internet connection active as I mentioned.
Stuart W
Donor 2022

Post by Stuart W »

I have re installed to v 7.57 and even this one automatically tries to connect to the internet
It is only possible to display the current settings after 5 or 6 attempts after clicking on the red cross.So frustrating when you finally edit the settings and it says error 415.
Grrr! I will have to get the car to a citroen dealer with a current PSA account.
.Thanks for your very helpful guidance Marc.
ChrisPembs

Post by ChrisPembs »

GiveMeABreak wrote:
24 Apr 2022, 09:01
That's correct, ECU configuration is now all done in connected mode from this version going forward. This also started happening gradually on the later versions of DB7 from about V7.6* onwards to some vehicles and increasing on each later version up until they went over to V9.

This particular Bosch ABS / ESP system was fitted on your C4 Picasso trim and option level built from 02/02/2015 to 01/11/2015. So I would of expected that even DB version 7.65 from 10/03/2015 should of covered it. Might be worth downgrading the version to 7.65 and trying again without the internet connection active as I mentioned.
Apologies for thread hijacking, I have a 2010 C4 Picasso and want to buy a diagbox setup myself, one of the things I am hoping to do is to unlock the AUX channel on the stereo, which version would you recommend for me? Any particular adaptor better? Thanks :)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

1) Diagbox 7 (V7.58) will be more than adequate for your vehicle.
2) I'm not sure what you mean by "any particular adaptor better"?
3) The AUX input if available should already be enabled. What system do you have (VIN would be helpful).
ChrisPembs

Post by ChrisPembs »

Hi, thanks again for the reply :) By adaptor I meant the thing that plugs into the OBD port, there seems to be a bit of a selection of Chinese brands...... was wondering if any were thought to be better than other? Also am I right in thinking the "full chip" is the way to go with the full kit of different leads etc? I like to tinker so having it all seems to make sense.
It is a VTR+, it seems the AUX channel was not enabled from factory, there is no AUX input anywhere but there is an AUX facility on the stereo, my plan is to add the wiring to the back of the stereo so I have an AUX port to plug a bluetooth module into to run my in car Alexa Auto, it can be done using just audio jack but having bluetooth functionality will be useful for a couple of other things, anyway, spoke to Citroen and they said the stereo will do AUX just needs to be enabled, after digging through a few forums and youtube it seems that can be done with this kit.

The VIN is: VFUD9HZCAJ726516

I have an injector at the beginning of the end of its life so was thinking diagbox might be able to help me identify which one, although will likely replace the lot it is still nice to know and known how to find out as well lol :)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so you have a basic RD4 system without AUX kit fitted.

As for diagnostics, you are probably talking about a 'Lexia kit' as it is commonly referred to. The kit consists of the hardware which is called the VCI, which plugs into the OBD II port at one end and the other end of the VCI is a USB cable that plugs into your laptop. Diagbox is the software which has been 'modified' for the likes of us to use as these kits are not officially supplied to the public.

There are cheaper versions on the market that may not have all the hardware, so anything around the £50-60 mark may not be the full ticket. A full chip kit is more around the £100 mark.

Although we are not affiliated, there is a UK based supplier of quality kits with UK support and our members can get a 15% discount, link here if interested. Other providers sell these too.

viewtopic.php?t=60112

But do read the guide I put up before tinkering with anything as there is no undo button and you can basically brick the vehicle if you change something you shouldn't. Link here:

Lexia / PP2000 / Diagbox Warning
ChrisPembs

Post by ChrisPembs »

WOW, thank you so much, just save me a heap of time, appreciated :)