Citroen relay 2017 motor rattle and re-map advice, thoughts please

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Spice52
My Cars: Citroen relay

Citroen relay 2017 motor rattle and re-map advice, thoughts please

Post by Spice52 »

Hello all,

I have a 2017 relay, 114k mikes, full main dealer history, it’s had speed limiter on it so not hammered, 1 owner etc and very nice condition

the motor does sounds to have more of a rattle than my old 2007, appreciate it’s a totally different motor but it does sound “harsher” than my old van

it sounds like the valves need adjustment, but is this just the way the motor is…?

In did read in the reviews that the motor is harsh….but what are the thoughts…?

is this just the way they are…?

also I’m thinking of getting a re-map mainly for economy, but a bit more power would be nice, but I don’t want to cause any reliability issues.

anyone had there’s re-mapped…?

many thanks

Spice
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Re: Citroen relay 2017 motor rattle and re-map advice, thoughts please

Post by Stewart(oily) »

Does the engine have hydraulic lifters ? they often benefit from an oil flush and fresh oil.
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.