DS5 Speaker Upgrade

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Samsanda

DS5 Speaker Upgrade

Post by Samsanda »

Hi All,

I am thinking about upgrading the door speakers and potentially adding a subwoofer into my 2013 DS5 2.0 HDi DSport 5d Auto. Has anyone done this? Any tips or recommendations? Really appreciate any help! Thanks - Jason
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: DS5 Speaker Upgrade

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The factory-fitted HiFi system upgrade option was quite involved as it used different speakers, had an equaliser Amp, different wiring and of course a subwoofer in the boot. This option uses the rear right boot storage section for the subwoofer location and had specific trim for this option so it fitted perfectly inside. Retro-fitting the factory-fit isn't really an option as would mean ripping out all the wiring and the centre console, so your aftermarket option for speakers and a sub is probably best.

If considering adding an amp you'll typically need a high level to low level converter for the speaker outputs from the existing head unit that an external amp can use, depending on options of course.
Samsanda

Post by Samsanda »

Thanks Marc, yes definitely thinking of going aftermarket. Also considering doing myself but i hear the front and rear door speakers are different (although the same size). I want to do door speakers and then gauge the improvement. If a sub is required then that will be the next step.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Th front and rear door speakers are different but are the same diameter (160)