Replacing Accelerator peddle?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tizdaz
Donor 2022

Replacing Accelerator peddle?

Post by tizdaz »

Hi guys, how do i remove/replace the Accelerator peddle from my C4 GP VN: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

is it simple enough or do i require a degree in science!!?

Cheers :)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Replacing Accelerator peddle?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Officially you must replace the nuts if removing the accelerator and these need torqueing to 0,8 daNm.
accel.JPG
It's just a matter of carefully removing the connector and then the three nuts.
tizdaz
Donor 2022

Post by tizdaz »

great thanks Marc :)
tizdaz
Donor 2022

Post by tizdaz »

How do i remove the connector?

Cheere
tizdaz
Donor 2022

Post by tizdaz »

Ive removed the orange clip but still cant disconnet the plug!?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I can't tell from the image which connector it is - some of these require a small flat screwdriver to push in at the appropriate part to release, or it could be a more secure connection for obvious reasons being the accelerator, and may therefore have a locking connector that needs releasing and lifting away before it can be disconnected.
tizdaz
Donor 2022

Post by tizdaz »

GiveMeABreak wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 17:34
I can't tell from the image which connector it is - some of these require a small flat screwdriver to push in at the appropriate part to release, or it could be a more secure connection for obvious reasons being the accelerator, and may therefore have a locking connector that needs releasing and lifting away before it can be disconnected.
Cheers buddy,

I removed the orange clip & then i had to use a small flat screwdriver like you say to release the plug. I had to remove the heater blower motor as it sits right above the pedal & made loosening one of the 3 bolts for the pedal almost impossible. But once i removed the blower motor (which took minutes as ive already had this out in the past!) it was fairly simple to disconnect the plug then :)

I've also made a donation to forum, thanks for all your help, much appreciated :)

Cheers!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, thanks for the Forum donation. Your membership will have automatically be upgraded for up to 2 years. If you require any official part numbers, just put your request in this thread :wink:

viewtopic.php?t=69962
tizdaz
Donor 2022

Post by tizdaz »

GiveMeABreak wrote:
15 Apr 2022, 11:51
Ok, thanks for the Forum donation. Your membership will have automatically be upgraded for up to 2 years. If you require any official part numbers, just put your request in this thread :wink:

viewtopic.php?t=69962
will do cheers buddy ;)