Xantia dash problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

primo

Xantia dash problems

Post by primo »

I have an ongoing problem with a 'T' 1.8i 16v Xantia. After repair for slight accident damage, the dash started going haywire with the speedo at 120 while the car is stationary, the rev counter doing the Hokey Cokey and the fuel and temperature guages jumping back and forth. I've checked all the wiring harness from the front by the battery all the way around to the bulkhead in front of the fusebox, wing off and front bumper off. I've had the dash out and checked most of the loom behind. I've changed several bits and pieces including the ECU and the instrument panel, I've rebuilt the ignition switch (indications of arcing). I've cleaned up lots of dirty connections, earths etc., and found several things which look as though they've been with the car since new - though it was previously running well. When I think I've fixed it, it just happens again. Weird.
Anyone know where I can get proper wiring diagrams for this junk heap? Citroen won't help.
Tebster
My Cars:

Post by Tebster »

Join the club matey, read my posts about intermittant tacho / diesel clatter, am just about to give up with my xantia !
primo

Post by primo »

I did read your posts, Tebster, and I sympathise but I thought my problem a little different, i.e. no clatter (not a diesel) amongst other things. **** electrics are a given with most later Citroens, in my experience. I'm still looking for decent wiring diagrams.
I didn't use the stars, they were provided for me. I used the semi-original Anglo Saxon.