Should this light work?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Should this light work?

Post by Stempy »

On the rev counter on my Xantia there are three symbols, two of which light up and one which doesn't. The two that work are the door open warning and the ignition key transponder acceptance indication. The third symbol is a car with the boot highlighted and has never lit up. Is it a tailgate open warning and if so where is the switch that makes it illuminate?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

The boot courtesy light is switched by a tilt sensitive switch hidden inside the boot door.
Thus any visible switch seen should be for the boot open warning light.
As this warning by nature has to come on if boot is still closed, but not safety latched, then the switch must operate at near closed boot door. Look around the edge of the boot, there should be a flat head switch somewhere. If this is not the case, the switch is build into the lock mechanism, as is the case on the earlier BX & CX models.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Well that makes good sense, I'll check around the lock area to see what I can find.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

It's not a tow bar warning light is it?
Kered

Post by Kered »

I've just been and had a look at mine. The handbook just ignores the fact that it exists. It is a stylised view of the car and the boot area appears "hollow".
I would say that Stuart McB is right. I tow a caravan but I have a buzzer to tell me that the trailer direction indicators are functioning. The other way to give this information is a repeater light on the instrument panel. A genuine Citroen towbar kit would probably connect to this.
Derek