C4 Picasso

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Xantia Mourner
New User
My Cars: VW Jetta
Renault 7
Renault 11
Peugeot 309 (much beloved)
Xantia (SX to HDi, much mourned)
Seat Alhambra
C4 Grand Picasso (petro) ongoing

C4 Picasso

Post by Xantia Mourner »

Hi guys

I am a returning newbie. I used to be quite active on the Xantia forum and briefly on this one until some 5 years ago when I sent the much mourned HDI 2.0 to that great garage in the sky and changed to Seat Alhambra, which I made to pretend it was a camper.

The 2004 MPV works like a clock, makes 48 mpg on the motorways and could have continued to serve me long years. Unfortunately, with the pending extension of ULEZ to entire Great London, I had to change to petrol as it is much cheaper to meet the emission limits than in post-2015 diesel cars. I have just bought a 2008 C4 Grand Picasso, which I hate from the beginning, mostly for its weird arrangement and complication of controls, electrical parking brake and the lack of a good downloadable manual, but I still needed space to sleep in in the far places I drive to, when the rain falls horizontally.

Perhaps it will grow on me. We will visit a Citroen dealer in London in a few days, to have the car thoroughly inspected. At the moment I'm looking for information what kind of light bulbs is there in the front fog-lights, which, drawing a lesson from an unfortunate hard meeting in dense fog with high kerb at Hamilton Service Station just off Glasgow.

I want to change immediately to yellow. I couldn't find it anywhere. One small comfort is that the Alhambra is not going to be scrapped, it will serve someone in a place with lot of very fresh air.

Any advice on what manifestations of the Murphy Law I can expect will be much appreciated.

Yours truly
Xantia Mourner
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 16 Mar 2022, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Sorted out hard returns and paragraph spacing for legibility
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: C4 Picasso

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Most Post-2015 Diesels are fine in Mayor Khan's Empire, including the ULEZ, as long as they meet the relevant Euro 6.* Emissions standard and the same applies to petrol. I think everyone pays the congestion charge except certain exemptions including fully electric.

Use the checker here:

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle/
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc