upgrade RT5 to NAC

This section is for information and posts relating to Audio Head Units, and Navigation Systems

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

olivian diaconescu
My Cars: 407 coupe,307

upgrade RT5 to NAC

Post by olivian diaconescu »

Hello,
I own a Peugeot 407 coupe, 2010 with RT5 on it. I read somewhere that is possible with some modifications to install a NAC on the car. I suppose i will need the new screen 9825031680, NAC source -9821908980 and one cable adapter to convert from CAN 2004 (my car) to CAN 2010-NAC interface mode.
Am i right? There is possible? I suppose that if i will keep the radio these buttons will be usefull.
At the moment my car has USB (used for music), BT..for using the phone (only calls).
Can you tell me other advantages using this new configuration?
I suppose I will have the maps updated, using android auto, music direct from the phone, probably to switch automat the rear camera (at the moment i have to switch in mode video before move to R).
Many thanks for your answers and suggestions.
MacSlavko
My Cars: DS5 2.0 BlueHDi

Re: upgrade RT5 to NAC

Post by MacSlavko »

Generally I think it isn't possible to do because NAC wasn't ever fitted in P407. That means there is no configuration file necessary for NAC to comunicate with CAN equipment, screen and buttons in 407.

There are NAC configuration files on GitHub for various PSA vehucles and you can try to alter one for 407, but I heard it's an enormous work and I never tried...
Also I never heard anyone has retrofitted NAC in 407...

But then again, it wasn't supposed to work in C5 X7 either and yet ther's a guy who has made it!
olivian diaconescu

In fact i found someone which already did that. All I have to do will be to make a cover instead of a RT% place because that space will be empty. The person will make also a cable conversion from nac 2004 to nac 2010 in order to have all function on the new unit: as I understood without that will be not able to set the language and also I will not see the outside temperature.
I will keep informed about the progress and at the end i will put some pictures.
olivian diaconescu

So i tried to put the NAC, all good without AC values. Do i need to have a convertor NAC2004 to NAC2010 to can see on the screes the info from clime?
MacSlavko
My Cars: DS5 2.0 BlueHDi

Post by MacSlavko »

Any photos of what you've got now?
I'd say you already have that 2004 - 2010 Converter (otherwise NAC wouldn't work att all)...

As for the AC: AFAIK all the factory navigation head units in 407 had just one screen (where the AC status and functions would show). But NAC can send/show those info on primary or on secondary screen, depending on the vehicle.
I think it could be configured with Arduino. You can read about Arduino tool here: https://vlud.net/nac-telecodage.html. A configuration file for P407 surely isn't listed there, but since you managed to retrofit it and it's working, some other settings alterations might be needed to have AC inf on the screen as well...
Attachments
Arduino_Telecoding.png