DS7 auto wipers

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kevinduffy1980

DS7 auto wipers

Post by kevinduffy1980 »

Been trying to find an answer to this online but no luck. Does anyone know how to or if you even can adjust the sensitivity of the automatic wipers on a DS7? Even the slightest amount of rain and they’re on full. I’ve not got the auto feature turned off for the most part. Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: DS7 auto wipers

Post by GiveMeABreak »

These, like most later PSA vehicles with this system have pre-programmed levels. There were 19 speeds on my C5 X7. The biggest issue is the windscreen itself - especially the area over the rain and brightness sensor. Grease and road grime (often invisible) can cause issues.

I generally used some Rain-ex on my windscreen, which on some kits contains the white glass cleaner cream you use to remove all the grime before applying the Rain-ex liquid coating. In either case, give the windscreen a good clean and avoid getting any waxes from car washes on the screen.

If it's still permanently going at warp speed after that, take it back as it might have a faulty sensor. There's no way I know of to adjust the sensitivity as that is all done by the sensor.

Another thing, replacing the windscreen can also cause issues and this generally needs a new sensor as re-using the old one causes the gel pack to become opaque and the sensor is pretty much useless. I got Auto Windscreens to cough up £250 for one after they replaced my windscreen...
kevinduffy1980

Post by kevinduffy1980 »

I’ve got rain x on it now so it’s possibly a faulty sensor. Car is only 7 months old but it’s been that way since I picked it up and it’s never had a new windscreen. Thanks for your help
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No worries - get it back to the dealer then. There may be a software update for it.