Moving Orange Screen/Duplicating functions on the centre screen

This unit is the RD4 or RD45 system, made by Continental.
Usually standard equipment unless another system is specified as an option. There are Single & Dual Tuner versions. RD45 features over the RD4: The RD45 has USB connectivity & integrated Bluetooth module supporting Phone & Audio Streaming.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

oli_25_uk
My Cars:

Moving Orange Screen/Duplicating functions on the centre screen

Post by oli_25_uk »

Hi All,

I've just got hold of a carplay screen (https://www.carplaylife.com/video/wirel ... le-review/) and so far it does exactly what I want (allows the use of Apple Carplay without having to change the head unit).

What I want to know is how easy would it be to either a) reposition the orange display screen lower in the dash (eg in that pointless gap just above the ashtray) or even better, move the functionality (the most important being parking sensor display and bluetooth connection management) to the small middle screen in the dashboard.

Anyone know what's possible?

Oli
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Moving Orange Screen/Duplicating functions on the centre screen

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You can butcher the fascia and move the small MFD anywhere you like as long as it reaches the head unit - it's your car at the end of the day, but consider when you come to sell it.....

As for transferring functions, no, you can't do it. The MFD has its own ECU built in that is required for proper operation and the functions are not transferable to the instrument cluster display.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
oli_25_uk
My Cars:

Re: Moving Orange Screen/Duplicating functions on the centre screen

Post by oli_25_uk »

Cheers Marc, approx how long is that orange display cable? Also. I’m sure I read about someone using a Lexia to put the parking sensor display on the small dashboard screen.

Re resale value, despite it still being a fantastic car, the best price I’ll get for it now is between £800 and £1300 for it and that isn’t going to go up, so I might as well try and make it exactly how I want it to be!