C4 Piloted Manual gearbox sensor swaps

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mwj666
My Cars: In no particular order :-

Mk2 XM V6 Exclusive (holds the record for longest I have ever owned a car, currently 15 years and counting, and not hit 100k miles yet!)

XM 2.0 turbo
C5 2.2HDI Exclusive
6 assorted CX estates
CX25 GTI Turbo 2, God that was *FUN*
2 x BX (19 and 19GTI)
1 x Xantia 2 litre estate
3 x AX GT
2 x Saxo VTR
Pug 206 Quicksilver - nice car but whoever invented DPFs should be shot!

C4 Piloted Manual gearbox sensor swaps

Post by mwj666 »

Greetings all,

Does anyone have access to the service procedures for replacing the 2 gear selection and actuation position sensors on the front of the Piloted Manual 6 speed gearbox please? Part number is I think 2490.08 for both

The top (selection) sensor has just failed on my GF's C4 GP and I was going to get the dealer to replace the lower one as well as a precaution - but it seems they want to rip me off to the tune of an apparently ludicrous £350+ for what on the face of it is undoing 2 screws and a connector just to swap the top sensor so am SERIOUSLY inclined to swap the bottom one myself.

The only bugbear is - knowing Citroen I'm not betting there isn't an obscure initialisation or alignment process you can't do yourself even if you DO have a copy of Lexia and I don't want to find out AFTER I've taken the old sensor off :-D

Last time I buy a car with a 'proprietary' gearbox for which there is just about zero information (or parts availability) online :roll:

Thanks,
Martin
1998 XM V6 Exclusive - one of the 5 still on the road :-D
2002 C5 2.2HDI estate
2008 Alfa 147 Ducati Corse. Yes I know - traitor - but its FUN! Slower than the XM tho